Mark's Arrest And Alice Is Grounded

Just as Zina was leaving the prison yard, she saw Mark being led by some guards into the prison yard and his hands and feet chained up.

Mark! Zina exclaimed in shock. She ran and held his hands asking "why did you come back?"

Why can't I come back? Mark asked back. What kind of a man am I to let a woman go to jail for me?

You fell into the trap? Men can't be smart!

As the saying goes, a devil takes responsibility for his actions. I can't let you go to jail for me, besides, I have let you down before by falling in love with someone else, if I let you die for me, how ashamed will I be? Mark said trying to justify his actions.

You want to die right? Have you ever felt ashamed in front of me? Zina asked.

Enough! Now that we are breaking up yet you still keep teasing me, he said as he was fed up with the conversation. Just go! Find an honest man and marry, live a good life.

It hit Zina like an explosion. Her heartbeat thumping and emotions rising, almost at the edge of crying.

Huh! Who else is as honest as you Mark?! Why did you come back and got yourself caught? You silly wolf, I really want to skin you and see what is in your brain other than beauty!

Yes, it's beauty. It used to be your beauty but now it's the beauty of the phoenix. I've changed my mind.

Tears formed in Zina's eyes. Her world seemed to be crumbling, she loved Mark with all her heart but he always seemed oblivious if it. She thought for a while and said;

You have fallen in love with someone else? I don't believe a word you say!

Whatever, Mark replied. Guards take her away! He said and directly went into a cell on his own. She is so annoying.

Mark, you stupid wolf, you bastard! Zina shouted as she went after him and they pushed the cell door to and fro.

Yes I am a bastard! Are you satisfied? Gbam! He slammed the cell door. Just go, he said and sat down on the floor giving her his back.

Zina looked at him with teary eyes and saw that everything between the both of them had really ended. There was no point in continuing. With a heavy heart, she turned without saying a word and left the prison yard.

After she had left, Mark slammed his fist on the ground. Mark you are such a bastard, a jerk! He told himself. He hated the action he took just now but he was also satisfied with it because he didn't want to get Zina involved.

Zina live a good life and forget me, he said. Then a guard came forward and locked the cell.

In the heavenly realm, Alice had just returned from the demon realm and was walking straight to her courtyard and admiring something wrapped in a piece of expensive cloth when she met the heavenly emperor. She immediately hid it behind her.

Greetings your majesty.

Where did you go? He asked.

I was wrong.

What did you do wrong?

I did something I wasn't supposed to do.

The heavenly emperor who already knew what she had done didn't probe further and just passed his judgement.

The kitchen god of the heavenly realm, Alice, disregarded her duties and trespassed the demon realm. I will punish you severely by restricting you for three months in which you will never leave the heavenly court.

Then he left. She wanted to protest but remembered the circumstances under which she came back from the demon realm and just let it be. She looked at the material in her hand and remembered how she brought it back as she walked to her courtyard to make a special item with it;

After the moment the demon lord vented his frustrations, he left to be alone and sent his assistant to take Alice out of the demon realm. He escorted her all the way to the river that seperated the heavenly and demon realms. A boat was already waiting which she was asked to board. Then the assistant brought out a material wrapped up in a fine piece of cloth and gave it to her.

My lord said I should give it to you she took it and said "where is your lord?"

He doesn't want to see you. Since time immemorial the demons and immortals have been enemies. He said you could have lived a better life without knowing him.

I just want to see him one last time. She pleaded.

Mrs Alice please leave, the assistant urged her.

She boarded the boat and it sailed away. Then she opened up the clothing and saw that it was the demonic tree wood which she came for in the first place.

I forgot the reason I came here in the first place, but he remembered it. She said to herself, emotions building up within her.

By the time she had finished recalling, she had made a beautiful dark wood hair comb out of the wood. She was tired and slept off, resting her head on the work desk.

After a while, she jolted up from sleep when she felt the comb leaving her hand.

Aunty! You scared me, she said when she saw it was the heavenly empress.

The heavenly empress caressed and admired the comb, immediately liking it.

This a unique wood of demons ridge.

Of course, Alice affirmed.

You went to the demon realm to get it? The empress asked.

Yes.

If that's what you want why didn't you tell me?

I didn't want to say, besides the heavenly emperor didn't wrong me. I went there several times so I deserved to be punished.

That's not right! The empress exclaimed. You used to be lively and will not agree to be grounded for three months, what happened now that you are willing to do so?

It must be because I learned a lot on my journey so I want to sit down and think about things, Alice stated.

So tell me, what have you thought about?

Alice stared at the empress for while and said "aunty you are so beautiful when you smile."

Look at you, why are you suddenly flattering me?

No I'm not flattering you, I mean it, but aunt have you seen the heavenly emperor smile?

Only a few times, she replied.

You rarely smile, the heavenly emperor rarely smiles, so is Stanley, he doesn't smile much either. Tell me did you people exchange your smile for something?

Why would someone exchange their smile for something?

Can't they?

If course not, the empress replied.