[Chapter 13] Bull Shit

I came home the next day from school. Anthony was already making his way over. I put my hand up so I couldn't see him, or make him think I wanted to talk to him.

"Brooklyn!" He exclaimed. "We really need to talk." He said as he slowed down to my pace.

"About what? About the fact that you had a girlfriend and didn't tell me? I'm not going to be that mistress who falls in love with the guy and gets hurt in the end, Anthony. I know better than that."

"I don't have a girlfriend, Brooklyn! Ian lied to you."

"Why would he do that? He woudln't. Friends don't lie to each other."

"He's not your friend!" Anthony scoffed. "He's mad at me, so he wants you to think I only used you. And not really love you."

I laughed and crossed my arms, "You're full of bull shit, Anthony."

"You gotta believe me."

"I don't!" I replied shooting my arms in the air. I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at him.

"Why?"

"Maybe due to the fact that we don't talk to each other anymore other than to say, 'The weather is really nice' or something retrarted that people who are strangers at a bus stop say."

"I've been busy!" He answered.

I scoffed. "Uh-huh! Sure. And the next you're going to tell me you want to stop giving me part of your paychecks! Which is fine by me because I quit! I'm sick of you guys fighting all the fucking time!"

"You're overreacting!"

"I may be, but until I hear Ian say that he was lying, I don't want to talk anymore, Anthony." I looked at him and began to tear up. I spun around to go in my house when he grabbed my arms, turned me around, and pulled me in for a kiss. I kissed him back for a while, but I remembered I was mad at him.

I pushed him away. "I said I'm done Anthony." I ran into my house and shut the door. I stood up to it for a few seconds and slowly slid down until I was sitting on the floor, knees tucked in and arms holding them close to my body. I began to cry.

Why did he tease me so? I know he likes me, and I like him. But then there's Seth. God damn it, Seth. If it weren't for your stupid ghost, I would still be with Anthony probably. But then again, Seth was the reason we moved to California, without his death, I would've never met Anthony.

I was having mixed feelings and I couldn't concentrate.

I jerked forward when someone tried to open the door.

"What's blocking the door?" Liam's voice diffused through the door.

I crawled out and stood up. Liam stumbled forward as the door slammed against the wall. He rebalanced himself and looked at me, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, Liam." I replied.

"You're crying. Something's wrong."

"You know what? I forgot I have an English essay to write, I'll be in my room." I turned around and stalked into my bedroom.