[Chapter 17] The End

It was all slow motion for me. Anthony charged for me and I pulled the trigger, but he pushed the gun downward away from my head, so I shot my spleen instead. I shrieked in pain and fell to the floor as blood began to soak my shirt.

Anthony knelt down and wrapped his arms around me. He pulled me towards his chest. He began to cry and wept, "Why? Why would you do such a thing, Brooklyn?"

I couldn't speak, so I weakly raised my arm and placed my hand on his cheek. It was warm. I smiled as a tear ran down my cheek. The only regret I had about doing this was that I was going to miss Anthony...a lot. If I wasn't always thinking about Seth (no help to his ghost), he and I probably could've worked. But I had a gut feeling that he and I weren't meant to be.

He smiled too, "You're so stupid for doing this."

I laughed and stopped abruptly because it caused me great pain.

I looked away from him shortly and heard a song playing. But how? It was "Two is Better Than One" by Boys Like Girls. I heard the music coming from my nightstand, so I assumed I hit my radio on the way of my fall, turning it on. I immediately made that song his and mine, even though I was on the brig of death.

"I love you, Brooklyn. I always will." He said, sweeping the side of his index finger over my cheek. He smiled meekly, then cried even harder.

"I...love you too...Anthony." I managed to reply over the shock that was filling up inside of me in opposite of the blood pouring out of my side.

He leaned down and kissed me on the lips. I kissed back, but my body lost too much blood and my heart gave out.

*****

Author's Note: This is from Anthony's point of view, and will be for the rest of the fan fiction. Thanks for reading! -rac06h10ael

Her head fell back and rested lifelessly on my knee and her hand and arm fell to the floor with a thud. Her eyes closed shut and her rosy-pink lips were slightly parted. The redness of her cheeks began to fade and the color in her skin gradually turned into a pale gray.

All I was feeling was sorrow, remorse, sadness, anger, and regret. All I could do was cry, cry over her dead body. I gasped and sat back - I finally knew how she felt when her lover died. I felt like I was never going to love again; I wanted to flee California; I wanted to be with her again, her being well and alive and happy.

I stood up, gently lying her corpse on the carpet. I stumbled out of the room, still uncontrollably crying. "Why!" I shouted. "Wh-h-hy?" I felt to the floor on my hands and knees.

"Brooke?" Her brother's voice emanated from the living room. I sat up, quieting my sobbing. I looked at the ground and saw red hand prints on the faded-white carpet. I looked at my hands and saw they were stained with her blood. I wiped them off on my black t-shirt.

"Brooklyn?" He asked again.

Liam turned the corner and saw me.

"Anthony? What are you doing here?"

I stood up and wiped the tears from under my eyes. I took a big breath in and murmured under my breath, "She's dead."

"Who's dead?"

I began to cry again. "Br...broo...Brooklyn." I stuttered.

"Brooklyn!?! My Brooklyn?" I shook my head. He brought his hand to his face and dragged his fingers down his cheeks, pulling the skin on his face downward. He had a slight spasm and crossed his arms over his chest, "Where...where is she?"

I held my hand over my eyes and pointed behind me. I felt him whizz past me. And I knew he found the body when I heard the sound of louder crying than mine.

"Oh, Brooke!" Liam whimpered. "She...she was so young! So young!" He paused, but continued shortly after. "She never graduated! Or married! My Brooke!"

A few minutes after the silence swept over the house, besides the sounds of the occasional sniffles and sobs, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Liam. He was shaking and had broken into a cold sweat.

"We have to contact my parents, immediately." Liam stated. He scratched his head, "We need them here, right now."

"You go do that. I'm...I'm going to talk to Ian." I replied. "I need my best friend right now." I turned around and slowly proceed out of the damned house and over to mine.

I stalked through the front door. Ian was sitting on the sectional, playing on his GameBoy Advanced. He looked and saw what condition I was in.

"Whoa, what the firetruck happened to you?"

I wiped my eyes and sat down next to him. "I have an idea to end the Assassins series." I looked at him with a serious expression. He had put down his GameBoy in his lap and was paying close attention to what I was about to say.