Suspicions

"Are you certain those creatures weren't the Knights of the Underworld?" Percival asked.

"Yes," I said for the millionth time. "I'm one hundred percent sure."

Lancelot leaned into his chair thoughtfully. "How did it begin, Galahad?"

"They just... Appeared there." Galahad said. "I don't know how they got to those people. It's like they were summoned or something."

Summoned... I thought, and placed a hand under my chin.

"What do you want us to do, Your Highness?" Percival asked.

I sat up straight. "I want each of you to patrol the villages' outskirts and make sure there's not anymore of those creatures. I'll look for them in the village and medow."

They all nodded and headed out. I followed them through the door, and noticed something moving in the corner of my eye. I narrowed my eyes a bit, took Caliburn slowly, then whipped around and pressed the blade against their throat. My eyes widened.

"Merlina?"

She stared at me with wide eyes. "O-oh. Hello, Your Highness."

I blinked, and slowly took Caliburn away from her neck. "What are you doing here?"

She placed a hand on her neck as she visibly relaxed. "I was just.. Walking past, is all." There was a slight nervous edge to her voice. I guessed it was because I almost beheaded her, but there was a small voice telling me that she was eavesdropping.

"Where were you headed?" Gawain growled. "It seems suspicious that we're in the same place at the same time."

"Gawain. Enough." Percival scolded. "It was a coincidence."

Gawain crossed his arms and grumbled, "I don't believe in coincidences." He gave Merlina an accusing look, and walked away.

I blinked. Can't blame him, though. Does seem suspicious.

I looked at Merlina.... Who wasn't there. Huh.

I walked away with caution in my steps.

"You should be more careful with where you strike." Caliburn stated. "You almost beheaded her."

I didn't respond.

£°°££°°££°°££°°££°°

"Good evening, Arthur." Nimue said.

I folded my arms. "I thought I told you not to call me that."

She smiled. "Am I not allowed to have any fun?"

I rolled my eyes, but I still smiled in return. "Whatever." I looked at her again, and my heart sped up. There was something about her that I couldn't really explain. The way she talked and her eyes sparkled. How she would place her hands in front of her dress just sent chills down my spine.

She stared at me with a confused look. "Your Highness? Is there something wrong?"

I blinked, then realized that I was staring at her. Heat rose to my cheeks and I cleared my throat. "Um, ye- no. Everything's.. Everything's fine."

"Oh. Okay." Her cheeks were a light pink then, and my own blush grew.

What is wrong with me?! I thought. What is this feeling?! Am I... I couldn't finish the thought. I cleared my throat.

"S-so. I... I need to ask you a favor." I finally said, looking away.

I felt her stare drift onto the side of my face. "Yes?"

"Can you keep an eye on Merlina for me? She's been acting really strange lately."

I finally looked at her, and the confused look was back. "How?"

Trying to control myself, I explained The Table's suspicions and how the young sorceress acted.

She nodded afterwards. "I'll do my best."

I nodded at her. "Good." I quickly spun around and ran off with Caliburn in hand.

I heard him chuckle and became curious. "What's so funny?" I asked, bringing him in front of me. I wasn't running that fast, so I didn't have any trouble doing so.

"I believe you have feelings for the Lady of the Lake." He mused after a moment.

Annoyance filled me instantly, as well as a blush. "What?! No way! There is no way I'm falling for her!" I shouted.

He chuckled again. "Of course you are."

I narrowed my eyes, put him back beside me, and ran faster, so that the wind was the only thing I could hear.

But what if he's right? A voice said. What if you are developing feelings for her? She does look like Amy, after all.

Most of my annoyance melted away as my heart ached. An image of the pink hedgehog filled my head, and a sense of longing engulfed me. Amy...

I arrived at the village moments later and skid to a stop. I took in a deep breathe before walking forward. A scream filled the air then, and I turned in the direction it came from.

Just in time. I thought, and ran off in the direction it came from. When I did, I saw that the town's Blacksmith surrounded by the same black creatures from yesterday. I sped towards them and did a series of attacks without stopping. I turned to the Blacksmith once they vanished into smoke. "You alright?"

The Blacksmith nodded. "Yep. All good." He then looked at the crown on my head, and blinked. "You're... The king...?"

"Yeah. I was crowned yesterday.'' I answered with a sigh. I looked at him with a confused look. "You didn't know?''

He shook his head. "If you're as busy as I am, you don't really get out that much."

He sounds so much like Tails. I thought, homesickness grabbing me again. I sighed, knowing I wasn't gonna be able to get rid of it.

"See ya around." I mumbled, and ran off.

£°°££°°££°°££°°££°°

Really have nothing to say here... Characters aren't mine and blah blah blah.