Nightmares

"What do you want?!"

"Nothing at all."

"Then let me go!"

"Not yet."

"Then when?!"

"Soon."

"Not an answer!"

No response.

°°°

The darkness around him seemed to grow in size and bend towards him. "Pathetic." His voice was dark and cold. Yet, it was filled with amusement. "Your efforts are useless."

The blue hedgehog slowly rose to his feet, sword in hands. "That's what... You think." He said with a pained grin. Blood spilled from the corner of his mouth, and bruises covered his face. His armor seemed to be loosing it's glow with each moment.

"Surrender now, and I will spare you." He said.

Sonic raised his sword higher. "Not a chance." He growled, then charged.

Each attack was effortlessly pushed aside. He was only toying with the young King, watching as his moves became weaker.

He finally had enough. He kicked the hedgehog with little strength, and still managed to send him backwards. The blue hedgehog crashed onto a tree and went limp.

"Do you think I'm a fool?" He spat, walking up to him.

Sonic stood again with much more effort. "I... Don't know what... You are. But I do.. Know that... Y-you're going-"

His movemwnt was like a blur: He aimed a stab straight at his stomache. The hedgehog didn't have time to react.

His goal was met. With a sickening crunch sound, his sword cut through the medal of his opponents. His cry of pain echoed throughout the forest a moment later, and a grin tugged at his lips.

He leaned into the hedgehogs ear. "You have no clue who you're dealing with," He whispered. "I am all powerful." With another push of his sword for good measure, he pulled it out quickly and watched as his opponent fell to his knees, then to the ground.

°°°

* Sonics POV *

I gasped and opened my eyes. I quickly sat up and placed a hand where my heart was.

Please don't be dead please don't be dead please don't be dead. I thought.

After a second, I felt my heart's steady beat. I gave a yelp of relief and plopped back onto my pillows. I could feel myself shaking as unnoticed tears crawled down my face. Chills went down my body as I stared at the ceiling, breathing somewhat heavily and sweating.

What in chaos was that?! Why am I so.. Scared??

I shuddered as I recalled my nightmare.