Gawaiins' Story

So this story will start off with Gawaiin, in case you haven't figured it out yet. It'll explain a few things that'll probably leave you shocked. Here's the next chapter!! SKIP TO CHAPTER ELEVEN!!!! DO NOT READ THE NEXT TWO UNTIL YOU READ CHAPTER ELEVEN!! Stupid Wattpad messed it all up, so you HAVE to skip to the last chapter. WATTPAD I SWEAR!!!!! I am so pissed rn... )X

££°°££°°££°°££°°

"Why are all of our rulers so ignorant?" Gawaiin growled. "They seem to never take notice of they're so called 'lower authorities'." He swung his sword into another tree.

Then, he heard a noise from a few feet away. Was someone following him? Were they trying to attack him? He pulled out his sword and quietly snuck up to where he heard it. He watched as a young two-tailed young fox walked on a dirt road. Gawaiin immediately recognized him as the town's Blacksmith. But the thing that surprised him the most was that he was carrying Caliburn!

Why in Merlins' beard does he have the Sacred Sword? He thought.

He stepped out in front of the Blacksmith, drawing his sword. "Hand over the sword, peasant!"

The Blacksmith blinked, and Caliburn seemed to become annoyed.

"Sir Gawaiin. I have been handed to this 'peasent' by the Knights and King." He stated. "I should've expected better of you."

The knight blinked, then dropped his sword. "I apologize." He mumbled. "I thought he kidnapped you."

"With all due respect," the Blacksmith said. "But, why would I do something like that? The King would possibly behead me. Besides, I am very close to him-- or consider myself to be-- and know better to not do anything as stupid as that."

Gawaiin was about to growl at him, for he was angered, but heard something else. He grabbed his arm and pulled him behind a tree. He looked at the road catiously and alert.

"What are you-"

He silenced him with a hand.

At first, nothing happened. Then he noticed that his surroundings were slowly turning darker, seeming to loose it's color. Wispy black smoke slowly moved into his veiw, seeming to hide some sort of figure. It took a moment for Gawaiin to realize who it was, and when he did, his eyes widened. Arthur.

His figure slowly passed, leaving a few inches of black smoke in his trail. Once he was out of sight, Gawaiin stepped out of hiding. He stared after him with horror crawling through him.

I thought he was...

"S-sir Gawaiin?" The Blacksmith called from behind the tree in a small voice. "Who was that?"

A screech made him whip around. Demons raced towards him at a frightening speed.

He ran into the forest, dragging the young and frightened fox with him. They ran through the forest, trying to escape the demons. Then, he stopped.

Why am I running? He thought. He drew his sword and faced the evil spirits, face contorted with rage and determination.

"Gawaiin?!" The Blacksmith called. "What are you doing?!"

He ignored him, and raced towards the demons. Once he was close enough, he shouted, "SOUL SURGE!!"

Power quickly rushed into him, and he swung at them. At first, it left a red mark on their chests. Then it disappeared as if nothing happened.

Gawaiin blinked as they seemed to grow at least twice they're normal size. He turned the other way and ran harder. The Blacksmith was in front of him, breathing in the raspy side.

But no matter how hard they tried, they still caught up. One of them grabbed Gawaiin and threw him into a tree, causing his head to spin.

Another went after the Blacksmith, who yelped with fear and ran.

Gawaiin stood and tried to follow, but the demon knocked him back down. A clawed foot pressed on his stomache, causing him to grunt. He pushed on the foot with all his strength. This went on after a while, then the demons head snapped up and the foot left. The demon itself left, leaving the knight gasping.

After a moment, he stood and went to look for the young fox.

£°°££°°££°°££°°££°°

"That's when I found him on the ground, unconscious." Gawaiin said, now staring at the young fox. "Caliburn told me that he ran into a low tree branch while running away."

Rain poured outside the finished shelter, matching the mood. The Blacksmith layed in a corner on hay, sleeping. My armor lay in front of me, shining like a lightbulb despite the rain and mood. Nimue and the others stood or sat behind me, soaking in every word Gawaiin has told us.

I rubbed my face and sighed. "So, he's down. For how long?"

Nimue shrugged a bit. "A few minutes or so."

At least it's not a coma. I thought.

I heard Galahad give a small yawn.

I smiled and turned to him. "We've all had a long day. I think it's time to rest." I dropped the smile. "We've gotta build up energy to find Merlina."

"But what about the Blacksmith?" Percival asked. "Someone should stay here to keep an eye on him."

"I'll do it." Nimue volenteered.

I nodded. "Alright then."

Didn't want her to come anyway. I thought. Don't want to loose her.

"I'll keep watch." Lancelot mumbled. "I don't sleep."

I shrugged it off, and went to go lay down in a different room. There were three different rooms with nothing but a hay bed in them. They were really small; only two people would probably fit in them. They also had no doors.

I plopped onto the hasystack and sighed, staring up at the ceiling. I just had a nap not long before this, so I didn't feel to exhausted. Just tired. I heard a knock on the wall, and I knew it was Nimue.

"Come in." I called.

She came in and sat on the side of the bed. A small smile on her face.

"How are you?'' She asked gently, taking my hand.

I shrugged. "Good."

But not great. I think not two seconds late, causing the pit in my heart to grow a bit more.

She looked down at me and frowned. "But not happy?"

I looked down. "No. Not happy."

Her hand slipped away, and she mumbled a small, "Oh."

I bolted upright, knowing what she was thinking. I took both of her hands, and when she looked at me, I gave a stern look.

"Don't start thinking that I want to let you go." I scolded gently.

I could tell there were tears in her eyes as she looked down. "You just... Talk about leaving so often, I thought that you didn't... Need me anymore."

I shook my head. "No. That's not it at all."

"Then prove it." she whispered, looking up at me again. A few drops of tears fell off her face.

I took her face in both hands, setting them behind her quills. Then, I leaned in and kissed her gently, as an apology. She grabbed my arms gently, rubbing her thumb over the back of one. I pulled away after a moment.

"I will never let you go." I whispered. "I swear it."

She smiled at me gently, then slowly stood and walked out. "Good night." She said quietly, waving a hand at me in farewell.

I returned it, then layed back down to rest.

But in the back of my head, I thought about what Gawaiin said, and what might happen tomorrow.