Back Home

I hear a steady beeping sound. Each time it would beep, my ears ringed. My head throbbed as each one left. Then, I realized something.

I was supposed to be dead.

I slowly opened my eyes. A white tiled ceiling met me as soon as my vision cleared. Here and there lights were placed in the ceiling. I blinked.

Where am I?

A soft voice then echoed in my head.

I hope you are happy...

I recognized it as Nimues' voice. My eyes became watery. But I still wondered where I was. I looked over to where I heard the beeping sound, and saw an electronic machine. Needles that were placed in my arm were hooked up to it. A small sink, cabinet and three chairs were placed on opposite sides of the door. The counters were filled with dozens of get well cards, balloons, and wilting flowers. Another door led to a bathroom. A TV sat on the wall in front of me, as well as a small drawer. I looked over to the other side and found myself staring at a parking lot. Cars were packed in it, and some were still trying to get in.

I took a moment to realize where I was. My eyes widened and I sat upright, joy and excitement filling me.

I'm... I'm home. I thought.

But as soon as I rose, my head throbbed. I closed my eyes and layed back down on the bed. That's when I noticed the tight feeling around my head. I lifted a hand to touch it, and felt bandages.

What happened? I thought, confusion passing me.

I looked over at the get well cards, and my friends came back to me. The one that came first, was the one and only Amy Rose. My heart melted as soon as her image flashed in my eyes. I stared at the door for a moment to see if anyone would come barging through it, then cuddled into the blankets of my bed. A moment later, I was asleep.

£°°££°°££°°££°°££°°

Normal POV

The door of the room opened. A pink hedgehog with a red dress on, red boots with white strip, and a red head band walked in, holding a bouquet of roses. This particular hedgehog was none other than Amy Rose. She slowly set the roses down on the counter with the rest, and walked up to the blue hero resting on the bed. She sank into a chair next to the bed, and looked over him with a worried expression. She eventually took his hand--but seemed hesitant about doing so--and sighed.

"When will you wake up?" She whispered.

The events from the other day flashed through her mind, and she closed her eyes.

£- flashback -£

Nurses and doctors rushed around the room, grabbing different tools and gadgets from walls. Amy, Tails, and Knuckles arrived at the scene with confused and worried looks.

One of the doctors came up to them. "You need to leave. Visiting hours are closed."

"We didn't come all this way just to get kicked out again!" Knuckles growled. "What is going on?!"

Just then, they heard another doctor say, "Clear!" And a buzzing sound was heard the next moment.

They all pushed past the doctor not a second to late, already fearing the worst. When they arrived, Tails glanced at the monitor that was hooked up to Sonic, and gave a small gasp. A long, green line showed, and a long, high note was heard. In other words, it detected no heart beat.

Amys' eyes widened as small tears formed at the corners of her eyes.

The doctor rubbed the neutralizes (A/N: Is that what they're called? I can't really rememeber...) together again, and pushed it on Sonics' chest. Still no heart beat. All the doctors stopped what they were doing and looked at him.

One came up to the three on lookers with a sad expression.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly. "He's gone. We tried everything we have... Nothing was able to save him."

They all went quiet for a moment. Amy stared at her hero with a heavy heart for what seemed like forever.

"No. T-That can't be possible." She mumbled suddenly.

She pushed past the doctors and medics, squeezing a path towards Sonic. Once she arrived, she threw herself on him and dug her face into his shoulder.

"You aren't dead." She whispered, small tears falling. "Wake up."

A moment of silence past them.

"Please Sonic." She urged. "Wake up."

The monitor resumed it's beeping, and she felt his chest rising and falling slowly. She could feel his heart beat. Relief filled her and she gave a sigh. The rest stared in awe.

She slowly pulled away with a smile. "Sleep well."

£- end -£

Now, each time she left, she would worry that the same thing would happen again. She stayed by his side for as long as she wanted, or could. Eggman was still fighting, and each one seemed to get harder since Sonic wasn't there to help. They all missed him. Especially Amy.

She sighed and opened her eyes. Emerald green eyes met hers as soon as she did, and she stiffened.

Sonic was awake, and he was holding her hand.

£°°££°°££°°££°°££°°

Sonics' POV

Amys' cheeks turned a dark red, and she tried to take her hand away. But I never let go. I stared at her beautiful jade eyes long and hard for what seemed like forever.

"S-Sonic... You have my hand." She stated quietly.

I nodded. "I know." I leaned into her shoulder and hugged her tightly. Not to the point where I chocked her, but enough.

She went stiff for a moment, then her arms circled my torso. I felt a shiver go down my spin.

It was a moment before I said, "I missed you."

She pulled her head back with a smile. "I missed you, too."

I smiled gently.

She then released me, and I felt a bit cold. She got up and walked to the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

She giggled. "To go tell the others silly. Hang tight." With that, she went out and closed the door.

I stared at the door longingly, hoping that she would come back soon.

Because I had something to tell her.

£°°££°°££°°££°°££°°

Surprise! Sonic isn't dead! You'll find out more in the next chapter. Yep, there's more teh come! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!