Chapter 2

Once again, I woke up to the buzzing sound of my alarm. The most annoying thing in the world besides Ashley and Brad. I groan as I get up and start getting ready. I put on a loose shirt, jeans, a sweatshirt, and my boots. I left my hair down to hide myself. I grab my phone and stuff it into my sweatshirt pocket as I grab my bag and exit my room. I walk downstairs to see the living room and kitchen empty. I walk into the kitchen to grab an apple when I see a yellow sticky note on the table.

Don't bother making coffee. I've gone out. I'll come back when I want to. Clean the house or you'll be punished. I don't care if you have to take off of work, clean the fucking house.

Even though it had no signature, I knew it was my dad. He left notes like these every so often, telling me what to do. Sometimes he wouldn't come back for days, but I knew he'd be back tonight since we're having the new neighbors over tomorrow. I hate all the attention when neighbors come, but I never attempt to tell them what's actually happening. I try to hold onto the little hope I have left for my dad.

I break out of my thoughts and grab an apple and my keys. I walk out the front door, locking it behind me as always. I walk down the sidewalk towards my school and listen to music through my headphones.

Like every day before school, I'm bullied. As always. Somehow, I always get away just before blood sheds. I lean against the locker as Ashley steps towards me. It was just her and her two minions. Brad and his buddies apparently had football practice. Three less to deal with.

"What is it? Are you scared? Of course you are. You're just a little bitch. Always have been and always will be." Ashley hisses.

"Leave me alone, Ashley." I say, just barely above a whisper.

"What did you just say to me?" She asks angrily.

"I said, leave me alone." I say a bit louder.

"Still can't hear you, Willow. You have to learn to speak up. You're just too weird. You realize you're not normal, right? Now, speak up!" She asks, leaving me feeling weak and vulnerable.

"She said to leave her alone." A voice speaks from behind Ashley. She widens her eyes and turns around. I look over her shoulder and am surprised to see who it is.

"And who are you?" Ashley asks angrily.

"My name's Jeremy. Now, why don't you leave the girl alone and walk away." My new neighbor suggests. Ashley scoffs and turns back around.

"This isn't over." She says as she walks away with her friends trailing behind.

"Uh, thanks for that. Aren't you my new neighbor?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm Jeremy. I'm the one coming over to your house tomorrow with my dad. I know this is kinda rude, but I never really got your name. Your dad told me he had a daughter, but he never said your name." He said as he scratched the back of his head.

"It's Willow." I inform him.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Willow. So, what's the deal with her?" He asks, gesturing to where Ashley had stormed off.

"Ashley and her boyfriend, Brad, just like to pick on me." I explain.

"You shouldn't let them do that. They shouldn't hurt someone as beautiful as you." He says, then widens his eyes. My eyes widen as well. He thinks I'm beautiful? No, no one would ever think I'm beautiful.
"I mean, uh- I just... What's your first class?" He asks, changing the subject.

"Social studies." I answer.

"Oh, that's cool. Well, see ya." He says awkwardly, then quickly walks away from me. That was strange. No one's ever stood up for me like that. No one's ever called me beautiful either. Well, first time for everything I guess. The bell rings and I walk into my classroom. Let's get this day over with.

Surviving DepressionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara