Chapter 16

Jeremy's POV:

"Hey Chase." I greet my brother as I walk towards Willow's room. I just got back from our house. Not taking a shower for ten days is definitely not attractive, especially in front of your girlfriend.

"Hey." He asks, not looking up from his phone. I roll my eyes and enter Willow's room. Where is she? I look around the room, frantically searching for her. She must've been moved to a different room. I walk back out to Chase who's still on his phone.

"Hey, did Willow get moved to a different room?" I ask. He looks up from his phone and raises an eyebrow at me.

"No." He says, looking agitated.

"Then where is she?" I ask, eyes widening. His eyes widen as well as he shoves his phone in his pocket and walks passed me. I follow him into Willow's room to see him searching for her.

"I-I don't know." He says, looking back at me. I run out of the room to the receptionist, Chase following behind.

"Do you know where Willow Anderson is?" I asked the receptionist quickly. She gives me an annoyed look and types away on her computer.

"And you are?" She asks, glancing at me.

"My parents adopted her." I respond.

"She's in room 305, sir." She replies, looking back up at me.

"She's not there. Did she get moved to a new room?" I ask, tapping my finger on the desk.

"No. If you have any more questions, ask her doctor." She says, dismissing us with a wave of her hand. Chase and I rush over to Willow's doctor, annoyed with the dumb receptionist.

"Dr. Green? Willow's not in her room." I state. Dr. Green widens his eyes as he rushes to room 305. He looks around for her, then looks back to us.

"She knew she wasn't supposed to leave her bed and she hasn't been taken for any other needs. I would've been informed." He states, making both Chase and I widen our eyes. He pushes passed us and starts walking somewhere. We follow quickly behind him and soon, my parents join us.

"What's going on?" My mom asks.

"Willow's missing." Chase answers.

"What?" My parents respond simultaneously.

"What do we do?" I ask Dr. Green.

"We're calling the authorities. Just stay calm. We'll find Willow." Dr. Green says as he calls the police from the receptionist's phone. I nod and try to look calm even though my head is spinning and I feel like I could pass out any minute. I turn towards my parents to see my dad trying to comfort my mom who's crying her eyes out. Chase is standing beside them, looking at the ground.

"It has to be Richard." I blurt out. This makes all three of my family members look up at me with confused expressions.

"Maybe. Richard did say he wanted to make her suffer." Chase says with a now angry expression.

"Exactly. He could be torturing her right now. Who else would kidnap Willow?" I ask, running a hand through my hair and taking deep breaths.

"We need to find her as soon as possible!" My mom cries out.

"Yeah, we do, but where would he take her? I think his old house would be too obvious." Chase states.

"Maybe we should search her room." I suggest, wanting only to hold Willow in my arms again. I already miss the softness of her skin and how her eyes would bore into mine, showing her admiration and care for me. I need her in my life and I'm not willing to let her go.