Chapter 18

Jeremy's POV:

We'd been driving for about an hour now, scanning the buildings on this street. This part of town was filthy and looked pretty cruel. Every so often, you'd hear a scream, a tire screech, or even a gunshot. Both Chase and I were already on edge, and this wasn't helping that fact.

"That's it!" I hear Chase shout. I look to where he's pointing, a run-down factory that looked like it could collapse at any moment. I nod as I pull into the parking lot.

"You're sure this is the right address?" I ask, looking wearily at the building. He nods and holds up the piece of paper he'd written the address onto.

"How's this gonna work?" He asks, staring at the building.

"We go in and get Willow back. If it doesn't go that way, then I'm not sure. Mom and Dad are sure to find the note when they see that we're gone." I explain. He nods again, then gets out of the truck. I quickly follow behind and lock my truck behind me, still not sure about this neighborhood.

We walk in long strides towards the front door of the factory. I put my hand on the handle and look at Chase. He nods at me with a determined look on his face, and I slowly open the door. We cautiously walk in, not closing the door behind us in case we needed to run outta here after getting Willow.

"Jeremy! Chase! How nice of you to join us." Richard's hideous voice echoes through the building. Two men appear behind us, closing the door we came through. Well, that crosses a quick escape off of the list.

"Where's Willow?" I ask, wanting nothing more than to have her in my arms again.

"Oh, she's just resting at the moment. For now, we'll discuss the terms." He states, walking out of a dark corner of the front room. Chase and I glare at him almost immediately, as if we could kill him just by looking at him long enough.

"What terms? You didn't mention any terms in your little letter!" Chase shouts at him.

"Now, now. Let's not shout. You'd have to be very idiotic if you thought I'd just give Willow back to you two." Richard hisses, crossing his arms.

"What do you want then?" I ask, concealing my rage.

"Hmm, I was thinking... one million dollars in cash." Richard answers, making my eyes widen.

"What?" I spit out.

"We don't have that kind of cash! What are you, crazy? Why the hell am I even asking?! Of course you are!" Chase shouts at him, barely holding in his anger.

"Well, if you don't have my money, I suppose you'll have to pay in a different way," he states, snapping his fingers.

"What are you-" I'm cut off by the two men behind us as they hit the back of our heads with the butts of their guns.
------------------------------

"W-Willow?" I cough out as I try to get up from the cold, concrete floor. Chains attached to my wrists and ankles stop me from doing so. I look around the dark room. It only has two light sources, which are both hanging from wires above two tables. I look to my right to see Willow bloodied and bruised. I immediately jerk up from my laying position and try to get closer to Willow.

"Willow! Please, wake up!" I shout, my voice cracking from dryness. She stirs in her sleep, then slowly starts to wake. As she wakes up, I see Chase unconscious on her other side, to her right.

"J-Jeremy?" She stutters, her voice cracking as well.

"Willow! Thank God you're ok!" I exclaim, a large smile appearing on my face. She may be hurt, but she's alive.

Surviving Depressionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें