Chapter 5

I feel like I've been standing here forever. I stare at the door and hear nothing from behind it. The teacher must be strict. I finally lift my hand and turn the knob. Jeremy and I enter the room to see a room with a few students in it. I look to the back of the room to see the schools "bad boy", Cole. I don't know his last name nor do I care. I honestly don't know what's so bad about him. The only bad things he does are get detention and sometimes get into fights. He's never teased me or any other nerd in the school. Brad is more bad than him. I sit down in the back corner away from everyone and Jeremy sits next to me. The teacher watching over us is actually my teacher who loves me. My photography teacher, Mr. Ferns. Weird name, but he's cool. He's pretty strict when he wants to be though.

"Class, I need to go copy some papers for my students tomorrow. I'll be back in five minutes. Don't do anything stupid." He says as he glares at us. He gets up and walks over to the door which is next to me. As he passes me, he gives me a confused look. I shrug and he nods, leaving the room.

I look around the room more to find a few girls staring and flipping their hair at Cole. Then, I see Brad's friends, Blake and Brandon in front of Jeremy and I. They turn around and smirk at Jeremy.

"You really shouldn't get in Brad's way." Blake says, still smirking.

"Yeah, he might kill you next time." Brandon adds, earning a high five from Blake.

"He shouldn't be hurting Willow. He's a dick for even thinking hitting a girl is ok." Jeremy defends himself.

"You mean this bitch?" Brandon asks, pointing at me.

"She deserves to be hit if you ask me." Blake finishes.

"Don't you dare say that ever again." Jeremy scowls at them.

"Ooh. What're you gonna do? Beat us up?" Blake smirks.

"Yeah, I will. Now fuck off." Jeremy hisses.

"I should just take you down right here and now." Brandon says, glaring at Jeremy.

"Oh yeah?" Jeremy challenges.

"Yeah!" Brandon shouts, standing from his seat. Jeremy's about to get up, but I put my hand on his shoulder. Instead, I get up.

"Sit the fuck down, Brandon." I hiss.

"Make me." Brandon says.

"You're only defending Brad because he and Blake are all you have. I'm sure your bad grades make your parents avoid you at all costs. The only thing that could possibly get you into college would be football, and that's if you'd even want to go to college. But why wouldn't you want to? That's the only thing that would make your parents love you again." I say as I clench my fists. Brandon's eyes widen as he stares at me in shock. He glares at me and sits back down in his seat. I sit back down and Blake scoffs before turning back around to comfort Brandon.

"How the hell did you do that?" Jeremy asks.

"I guess my brain absorbs knowledge and people's behavior. I can just tell that's the way his life is by the way he acts." I answer.

"That was amazing." He replies.

"Thanks." I say with a small smile. Mr. Ferns comes back into the room and smiles at me. I smile back and Brandon scowls at me from over his shoulder. I decide to use my time in detention to finish my homework so I won't have to do it later.

By the time I've finished all of my homework, Mr. Ferns dismisses us. Jeremy and I walk out of the room side by side.

"So, do you need a ride?" Jeremy asks.