Chapter 12

"Hey Jess?" I ask, entering the kitchen. Jessica is currently making breakfast for everyone sitting at the dining table. This includes Jeremy, Chase, Markus, and Braden. Yes, Markus and Braden stayed the night. I'm honestly not sure when they're leaving, but they're cool so I don't mind them being here.

"Yes, Willow?" She asks, not taking her eyes off of the bacon and eggs she's cooking.

"I was wondering if you could help me get ready for my date." I say quietly. She looks up at me wide-eyed as a grin appears on her face.

"Of course I'll help you! Who are you going out with? When's the date?" She asks excitedly, but, thankfully, quiet enough so nobody can really hear what she's asking.

"Well, the date is at 3 o'clock and it's with Jeremy." I say shyly. She pulls me into a bone-crushing hug, making all of the air leave my body.

"Jess- can't- breath!" I say, gasping for air. She immediately let's go of me and holds me at arms length, looking me over to see if I'm alright as I take deep breaths.

"Sorry! Ok, let me finish making breakfast and then, we can go shopping!" Jessica squeals, making everyone sitting at the table looks at us in surprise. My cheeks flush red, but Jess doesn't seem to care as she jumps up and down.

"Ok, I'm gonna go get ready." I say, smiling. She nods excitedly and turns back to the breakfast. I rush upstairs, ignoring the weird looks everyone-except Jeremy-is giving me. I hurriedly grab some jeans and a black long sleeved t-shirt and change. I pull on my black converse and grab my phone and some money from my savings jar. I go back to work soon, so I'm not really worried. I have tons of money in there. I only used it whenever I needed new clothes or more body and hair supplies, such as soap, shampoo, and conditioner. I stuff my money in my pocket and rush back downstairs to see Jess grabbing her purse quickly.

"Bye boys! We'll be back!" Jess shouts, interlocking her arm with mine and making me smile.

"Where are you going?" Chase asks, confusion written across his face.

"Shopping!" Jess squeals, making me flinch.

"For what?" Chase asks suspiciously.

"Willow's date!" Jess shouts, making Chase's eyes widen.

"With who?!" Chase asks angrily, standing from his seat. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Jeremy smiling widely. Jess checks her watch and smiles apologetically at him.

"No time! Come on, Willow." She says, pulling me out the door and into her car.
------------------------------------------------------

"Oh Willow! That looks so beautiful on you!" Jess squeals. Right now, we're in this really cute little dress shop at the mall. She gave me a few dresses to try on including a jade green sundress, a yellow sundress, a light blue sundress, and a white lacy sundress. So far, the first three have looked terrible on me. I'm wearing the white sundress now, but I'm not really sure if I like it. Jess thinks it looks great on me.

I look at my reflection in the mirror, occasionally turning to look at different angles of the dress.

"I don't know, Jess. I don't think I like it very much." I say shyly, looking at the tiled floor.

"Oh, well- that's ok, Willow. Let me go look around." She says as I keep staring at my feet. I hear her heels click across the floor as I look back at the mirror. I don't like it. It looks weird on me. It feels too tight in some areas. I hear Jess running back and turn towards her.

"I found the perfect dress!" She exclaims loudly, making others look towards us and glare. She shoves the dress towards me and waves me towards the dressing rooms. She shuts the door behind me and I finally get to take a good look at the dress. It's a black sundress with pink and yellow flowers and white lace on the torso (picture at top). It's... Beautiful. I carefully put it on and look into the mirror. Holy crap. The dress shows off my curves perfectly. It's not too short, not too long. It's perfect. A wide smile appears on my face as I spin around.