Chapter 11

After a few days of being sympathized as well as being bullied by Brad's group, it's finally Friday. I'm happy to say that Chase spoke the truth about Brad's group. He separated from them on Tuesday, which I was grateful for. I didn't need to live with someone who hurt me, again.

As I finish sketching a wolf, the bell rings, signaling school was over. Jeremy rests his chin on my shoulder as he looks at my sketch. We've grown a lot closer over the past few days. Chase and I have become, well, I guess you could say friends. We don't hang out at school, but at home all three of us hang out together. Jeremy and I can barely get any alone time. For the past few days, all I wanted Jeremy to do was kiss me, but I guess it just wasn't the right moment. Or maybe he just wants to be friends? No, I heard him at the hospital while I was in a coma. I heard the things he said. But feelings change over time. Maybe his feelings did.

"That's a really cool sketch. I love the detail." Jeremy says, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Thanks. Anyways, I wanna go home. It's been a long week." I say as I put my things in my bag. Jeremy nods and collects his things before taking my hand and leading me outside of the school and into the parking lot. We start driving home and he turns on the radio. 'Roses' by The Chainsmokers comes on and I start singing along. I close my eyes as I sing, smiling. Soon, the song ends and switches to an ad.

"You're voice is amazing, Willow." Jeremy says in awe, glancing at me every few seconds.

"Thanks, Jeremy." I thank him, blushing. I actually wanted to join choir in high school, but I realized I had to focus on my career. I want to be either a doctor or a psychiatrist. I'm leaning towards psychiatrist, though. I'd like to help people with their issues, although I probably need to deal with my issues first. Richard is still out there. What if he comes back?

"Willow? You ok?" Jeremy asks. I realize we're parked in the driveway of our house.

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine. Let's just go inside." I say, getting out of the truck quickly. I open the front door and hear voices coming from the living room. Jeremy enters the house and stands beside me, listening to the voices.

"They'll be home soon." I hear Jessica say.

"Thank you for letting me into your home. I've been wanting to see Willow ever since, well- you know..." Another voice trails off. I know that voice... I run to the living room to see Jessica and David sitting on the couch along with someone else.

"Grandma?" I ask hopefully as I stare at my grandmother. She looks at me and stands up, opening her arms for me. I run into them and hold her tightly, starting to tear up. She wraps her arms around me and rubs my back soothingly.

"It's ok, sweetheart. I'm here." She says as I start to cry quietly. This past week, I haven't cried. I've tried not to, but right now, I don't care. I cry into her shoulder as quietly as I can, trying not to make it awkward for Jeremy and his parents. After what seems like 5 minutes, I stop crying and pull away from her.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"What do you mean? I'm here for you, sweetie! I heard what happened. I didn't know what to think! I knew I couldn't lose you, Willow." Grandma says, giving me a small smile. I return it and feel an arm wrap around my waist. I turn towards Jeremy who looks worriedly at me. He wipes my tears from my cheeks and I give him a small smile as well, which he returns. He hesitantly unwraps his arm from my waist, making the warm feeling disappear. I turn back to Grandma who's smiling at me knowingly. I just realized how awkward this really was. Jessica and David were standing beside the couch, smiling at us. Chase was standing in the corner of the room, glaring at Jeremy.