Chapter 10

~Nightmare~

"You can't run forever, Willow!" Richard shouts as he chases me through my old house.

"Leave me alone, Richard! I'm sorry for whatever I did to you... Just please, leave me be." I plead as he tackles me to the floor. He stabs me with a butcher knife, making me scream.

"Now, why would I do that? You still have to pay for killing my wife!" He shouts, stabbing me three more times with different knives. I scream in pain, wanting this nightmare to end.

"I didn't kill her, Richard! I wouldn't kill my mom! She took me in and so did you!" I shout at him. He stares at me with wide eyes. A buzzing noise sounds throughout the house, making the building shake.

~Nightmare End~

My eyes snap open as I fall out of bed. I hit the floor with a loud crash and realize that the buzzing noise was my alarm. I groan as I get up off the floor and turn my alarm off. My bedroom door slams open to show Jeremy and Chase, both with baseball bats held tightly in their hands.

"Whoa, what did I do?" I ask, putting my hands up in surrender.

"You were screaming. I thought someone had hurt you." Jeremy says worriedly.

"What happened?" Chase asks, taking a step forward.

"I had a nightmare." I say awkwardly, running a hand through my hair. Great Willow. You got two guys worked up in a matter of minutes after waking up. Wait, two?

"Oh. Uh, ok. I'll be going then..." Chase trails off, quickly walking to his room. Jeremy sets his bat down and rushes towards me, engulfing me in a hug. I hug him back and he sighs.

"Are you coming to school today?" He asks.

"Yep. Like I said, new life. I'm not letting anyone bother me. I don't even care if I have to punch a few people and end up getting detention." I say, grabbing some jeans, a dark purple top, a leather jacket, and some black vans.

"Good for you, Willow. Well, I'll let you get ready. Breakfast should be ready soon." He says, exiting my room and closing the door behind him. I walk to my bathroom and get changed. Then, I brush my hair and teeth and wash my face. I check my face for any bruises that I should cover up. Surprisingly, I don't have any. I leave my hair down and put on some mascara and lip gloss before grabbing my phone and heading downstairs.

"Whoa." Chase says as I walk by him.

"Thanks." I say with a smile as I sit down next to Jeremy.

"Alright, you guys are on your own today. Your dad's at work and I'm heading out right now, so make some cereal, k? Bye boys. Have a great day, Willow." Jessica says as she grabs her suitcase and walks out the front door, shutting it quickly behind her. Jeremy sets a bowl of cereal in front of me, smiling.

"Thank you." I thank Jeremy as Chase sits down next to me. I start to eat my cereal as my phone rings. I groan and set my spoon down as I take my phone out of my pocket. I answer the unknown number, knowing it's probably gonna be bad.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey little bitch!" I hear Brandon's voice on the other end.

"Is bitch the only word you know?" I ask. Jeremy looks at me as he tries to grab my phone. I put my hand up, telling him to stop which he does.

"When I get my hands on you I'll-" Brandon starts.

"You'll what? Beat me up? I really don't think you will considering what happened last time." I say.