Chapter 13

I slowly wake up, remembering the events from last night. Jeremy kissed me. Just thinking about that kiss makes me melt. The only bad thing I can think of this morning is that it's Monday. I hate Monday's. Ok, I may or may not have watched too much Garfield as a kid.

I groan as I get out of bed, immediately shivering after getting out from under the covers. Why is it so cold in the house? Is the heater not on? I walk out of my room, wanting to see what the thermostat says. I look to see that the temperature is super low. Does someone in this house like to be freezing when they wake up?

I start to turn the heat on, hoping no one would mind. Suddenly, an arm wraps around my waist and a hand clamps over my mouth, preventing me from screaming. I start to struggle in the stranger's arms as they pull me into a room. Wait, this is Chase's room. Ugh, I'm gonna kill him. I bite his hand, making him remove it from my mouth and mutter curse words under his breath.

"Uh, ow!" Chase whisper-yells.

"What the hell, Chase?" I whisper, ignoring his last comment.

"I-I wanted to talk to you." Chase stutters, still holding his bitten hand.

"And you couldn't have just asked me?" I ask, obviously irritated.

"Nope." He says, smiling smugly.

"Ugh, just- never mind. What is it?" I ask. Chase's eyes darken as a scowl forms on his face, making me take a step back.

"How was your date?" He asks in a disgusted tone. Why the hell is he acting like this?

"Why do you wanna know?" I ask, crossing my arms and narrowing my eyes at him.

"I just do, Willow! What the hell happened?!" He asks in a bitter and threatening voice, making me cower back in fear. He used to yell at me like this all the time. I know I shouldn't let these things get to me, but I can't help it. Chase sees my fear and his eyes soften. He takes a step closer to me, making me take a step back.

"I'm sorry, Willow. It's just- I get so angry when Jeremy speaks to you or hugs you or even looks at you. I can't help but feel-" he stops himself, taking a deep breath. "Never mind. Just forget what I said." He says, making my confusion increase. What the hell? He gets angry if Jeremy does anything with me?

"No, what do you mean?" I ask, taking a step towards him.

"Nothing, Willow." He says, looking away from me.

"Chase." I say in my most threatening tone, making him look at me in surprise. I glare at him and he sighs after a moment.

"You should get ready for school." He says, grabbing my arms and pushing me gently out of his room despite my attempts to stop him. This is getting really annoying. I need to figure out what Chase meant by that soon. Ugh, whatever. I walk back into my room and grab some skinny jeans and a black sweater. I go into my bathroom to get ready.
------------------------------------

"Morning, Willow." Jeremy greets me sweetly. I smile at him as I sit down. He kisses my cheek, making me blush furiously as I remember our kiss. Chase suddenly slams his fist down on the table from beside me, making me flinch. I look towards him and glare at him. Chase and Jeremy glare at each other as an awkward silence settles among the rest of us, which includes Jess, David, Markus, Braden, and I. Jeremy and Chase stand and walk towards each other. They need to stop with these silent arguments.