Chapter Twenty-Four

Luna's POV:

I woke up the next morning wrapped in Sapphire's arms. She was holding me tightly as she pulled me in towards her bare chest. I didn't want to get up, but I was an early bird. I gently got out of the bed without waking up my lover, and pick out some clothes for me to wear. Luckily, there was a bathroom connected to the room, so I went to take a shower, fixed my hair, got dressed, and returned to find Sapphire still sound asleep in her bed. I went downstairs and saw Artemis and Jen sitting and eating breakfast.

"Hey." I greeted them, and searched the kitchen for some food, as if I had lived here for all my life.

"There's eggs in the fridge, pancakes and waffles in the freezer, cereal over there... Whatever you want." Artemis told me.

"How did you sleep last night?" Jen asked me.

"Fine." I answered as I reached for a box of Cap n' Crunch. "Same as always."

"Oh, so do you always scream in the middle of the night saying, 'Oh God'?"

I blushed at Artemis' words. Jen looked at me, wanting an explanation.

"Oh come on," Artemis looked at Jen, "you didn't hear her last night?" Then she shook her head as if she realized something. "Right, you don't have heightened senses like I do."

"What about you two?" I quickly changed the subject. "How was your night?"

"It was alright, except I didn't get any like you last night." Artemis glared at my sister.

"Just because I agreed to sleep in the same room as you doesn't mean I agreed to have sex with you."

"But, you wanted to." Artemis smirked. "Your thoughts aren't safe when your around me, remember?" She tapped her temple.

Jen blushed as hard as I did a moment ago. I shook my head and poured the cereal and milk into a bowl. I sat down next to my sister.

"I'm gonna go scout the area to make sure nobody from the pack is nearby." Artemis took one last bite from her toast, put the dishes in the sink, hen left.

"So," Jen turned to me, "Did you really have sex last night?"

"What's wrong?" I teased. "Jealous?'

"You know I'm not, but..." She sighed. "Never mind." She shook her head.

"Come on, I'm your sister, you can tell me." I urged.

"It's just that... I don't want you to make the same mistakes that I did with Artemis when we were dating."

I raised an eyebrow at her, but she kept talking. "I thought our relationship was perfect. Yeah, I was stunned when she told me that she could turn into a giant dog, but at the time I didn't care. I knew Mom and Dad wouldn't approve of the relationship though, not because I was dating a girl, but because we were hunters." She rested her chin on her hand. "I thought I could change their mind by showing them how sweet Artemis was towards me, but of course it didn't happen, so we kept our relationship secret."

"Okay, but what caused your downfall?" I was more curious now.

"Well, when you're dating a shifter, trust me, you don't want to get into any arguments with them. And if you do, expect their wolves to take full control. They get upset more easily than how a human does."

"What? Did Artemis attack you or something?"

"Heck no, but she almost did. One time, an argument got pretty serious, and when she phased out of anger, it took everything she had to restrain herself. She was still getting used to having a wolf inside of her body." My sister shrugged.