Chapter Twenty-Seven

Artemis' POV

I drove the four of us to a local restaurant. I knew the owner of the place pretty well, so I was sure to get a discount. It was a restaurant that mostly werewolves go to though, so we had to make sure Jen and Griffin didn't get into any trouble.

Once we entered, we were immediately bombarded with dirty looks. An adult quickly approached me. His dark brown eyes looked at me in confusion.

"Artemis, uh, can I talk to you on the side for a moment?"

I looked back at everyone else then nodded, telling them I'd be okay. "Yeah, no problem."

"Look," the adult, who was the owner, started, "you know we're good friends and all, but... You know that these guys aren't allowed in here."

"They're not here to cause any trouble. I promise you, they'll behave." I tried to assure him.

He looked at me, then back to the others. "Fine... But, if I get any complaints from my costumers, I'm gonna have to kick you guys out." He said then went back to his office.

I motioned to the others. A waiter seated us to a table. I sat next to Jen while Carmen sat with Griffin. I looked at Carmen, she dropped her gaze. She knew I was gonna pester her about Griffin. We soon ordered our drinks. After the waiter left, I decided to fill everyone in on a plan I've been thinking of.

"So, we weren't successful in convincing our brother and sister to help us out in this battle." I ran my hand through my hair. "The pack will be attacking soon. I estimate that they'll be here anytime between 3 days to 2 weeks. And, they'll have no problem tracking us down since Alisha knows of our whereabouts. So, this is what I want to have happen..." I paused, holding Jen's hand in my own. "Carmen, do you think you and Griffin will be alright doing some border patrol?"

"Yeah, I guess, why?"

"We need to be on the lookout for the pack. Griffin's pretty good with arrows, so if you guys spot any danger, you can slow them down so the rest of us will have time to prepare. Also, you have the sharpest sight and hearing compared to Sapphire and I. You'll be able to sense danger before the rest of us."

"Just one question." Griffin spoke up. "Are we gonna be on lookout 24/7 or...?"

"Jen and I will switch spots with you guys. I'll see if I can get Sapphire and Luna to do so too."

"Here's your drinks." The waiter set down what we ordered. He then jotted down our food decisions, then went back into the kitchen. But before he left, He gave Jen a hard glare. My wolf made note of it, and the gesture made her a bit uneasy.

"We need more allies." Carmen suddenly said. "We're outnumbered. There's only six of us, while there's nine of them, and that's only counting the Elders, Alisha, Topaz, and Zev."

"I know, I know." I groaned and dramatically set my head down on the table.

"Hey," I felt Jen rub in my back, "a few of my good friends are hunters. I can probably get them to help us out."

I have her a look of disapproval. "You seriously think your friends will help us?"

"They may not like the fact that they'll have to fight on your side, but they'll be happy that they'll be able to kill some wolves."

"Alright you can give it a go." I thought for a minute. "I probably have a few acquaintances I can call up also."

"Here's your food hot and freshly made." Our waiter came back, and set our food down. When he handed Jen her stuff I heard the small growl he gave her.