Chapter 18: A Day At The Amusement Park (Part 1)

A Day At The Amusement Park (Part 1)

I was so glad that my friends came over the day I was sick because they made me forget about how crappy I felt. They stayed with me until my mother got home.

In the evening when my father got home, he, Andrew and I played cards and I laughed when I was beating them; that night I couldn't be happier.

I didn't go to school on Wednesday either, but on Thursday, I was back in school and I had a lot of work and assignments to catch up on. It was after school on a Friday and I was in the library with my friends. After what happen the last time I stayed over at school, they made it a point to stay with me after school hours.

Thinking about it, I haven't seen much of Troy lately and for that I was truly grateful. My friends were currently babbling about the fair that was tomorrow and they were really excited. Don't get me wrong, I love the city fair as well and I couldn't wait.

"You and your brothers are going to the fair this year, Lexie?" Stacy asked me.

"Of course, as always. You know how Jason loves the fair." I answered. "Well, it's Jason and I. Andrew will be hanging with Kristin, but he's bringing us." I added.

"Cool, so all of us will hang then." Stacy replied bouncing with excitement.

"Calm down, Stace." Sam chuckled. "You're going to bore a hole in the chair with all that bouncing."

"Stacy loves the fair. She gets all kinds of crazy when it comes around." I whispered to Sam, but loud enough that I'm still heard.

"Hey! I heard that!" Stacy huffed, folding her arms playfully. Sam and I laughed at her expression.

After my laughing calm down, I continued with work and we left for home. I was really excited for tomorrow and I couldn't wait.

*~*~*

"Hurry up Lexie! We don't got all day!" I heard my big brother shouting at me from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm coming!" I shouted back. I grabbed my phone and keys and stuffed them into my bag before leaving my room and running downstairs.

"Everyone is ready half an hour ago. What took you so long?" My brother asked me with an annoyed look on his face when I joined them in the living room. Kristin was beside him looking at us with an amused expression.

"I'm here now aren't I?" I asked him.

"Just come on." He said heading out the door with Kristin and Jason following behind him. I just rolled my eyes at him and joined them.

After a long thirty minutes ride to the fair, I was glad when we reached. The place was crowded, that it took us a while to find a parking space. After parking we all got out and looked around.

"Alright Lexie, we split from here. We will meet up back here when we are ready to go, okay?" Andrew stated.

"Okay, no problem." I said looking around for the girls.

"Okay, have fun sis." He said waving and taking hold of Kristin's hand. "Bye Jay Jay."

"Bye Andrew and Kristin." Jason waved at them.

"See you. Have fun guys." I smiled while waving at them.

"Bye." Kristin said and turned and walk away with Andrew. I continued to look around for Stacy and Samantha, when I saw them standing a little away from us. I waved at them, trying to catch their eyes. They saw me and a big grin break out on both their faces. I grabbed a hold of Jason's hand tightly and went over to meet the girls. The place was so packed and I didn't want to lose him in this crowd.

When I reached the girls, we all hugged and we went over to the ticket booth to join the line to buy our tickets.

"Look who we have here. Hello Alexandra." I heard someone say behind me. I spun around instantly and came face to face with Josh. I felt my heart skip a beat by the way my name sounded from his mouth. He was wearing a red polo shirt, dark jeans and converse with his famous black leather jacket. I must say he looked hot.

His brown hair that was looking golden because of the bright fair lights was messy, but he still managed to pull it off. I wanted nothing more than to run my hands through his soft hair, but I held back.

What is wrong with me?

"Like what you see, Cupcake?" I looked up at Josh and saw that he was smirking at me. Oh crap! He caught me checking him out. I felt my neck heating up and the blush spreading to my cheeks.
"I- I was n-not checking you out." I said, mentally cursing myself for stuttering.

"Sure you weren't." Josh said with that smirk still on his face. I wanted nothing more than to smack that smirk from his face.

"What are you even doing here? I wouldn't imagine here to be your scene." I said as I paid for my tickets.

"I brought my sister here." He said indicating over his shoulders where Jillian stood with the other guys. "I came to get the tickets."

"Oh well. Enjoy yourself." I said before my friends pulled me inside; weaving in and out of the crowd.

"What are we doing first?" Sam asked as we came to a stop.

"Let's go on rides!" Jason shouted, jumping up and down with excitement.

"Well, come on then." I said smiling at my brother's excitement. The girls agreed and we head to the ferris wheel. We all gave the man our tickets and Jason and I sat in a cart together, while Stacy and Samantha sat together in a next one. After the ride was over, we went on a next ride and then Stacy suggested we get something to eat.

We all bought a hotdog and was sitting on a bench eating it, when I felt someone came and sat beside me. I looked around to see Joshua and Jillian.

"Are you following me now?" I asked Josh.

"Now, now my Cupcake. Why would I do that?" He smirked, "I'm just here enjoying a snack." I rolled my eyes at him, but I felt my heart did a little flutter when he said my cupcake. Why? I don't know. Ignoring his comment, I turned to look at his sister instead.

"Hi Jillian." I said smiling at her, "Enjoying yourself?" She looked up at me and gave me a slight nod, paying all attention to her snow cone. I looked back to Josh and asked. "Where are the guys?"

"They are somewhere, flirting with girls." He said, that smirk still on his face.

I shake my head. "Of course they are."

"Hey Lexie, Sam and I will meet up with you later. We are going on those rides over there and Jason can't go on them, so you're staying with him." Stacy said standing up, pulling Sam with her.

"Of course guys. Have fun." I waved at them.

"It looks like it's you and me now, Cupcake." Josh said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

****************************
A/N: Hey munchkins! I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.

If you like this chapter, please vote. I would be glad if you did.

I love you all and good night/morning/afternoon. Xoxo

~Alecia