Chapter 30: Fall Out

Fall Out

I was angry at Erica and frustrated and I took it out on Josh. Sighing, I leaned on a nearby locker and closed my eyes. Great. Now he is mad at me. I have ruined one of the best thing that have happened in my life. He even called me Alexandra, not Cupcake. Not even Lexie. He must be really upset.

Way to go, Lexie! I scolded myself.

Sighing again, I leaned off the locker and went home. I knew I wouldn't see Josh's car in the parking lot waiting for me, but I looked anyway. He really was mad at me and I knew I had to apologize. Stacy had left already and I had already missed the first bus, so I decided to walk home.

At home, I was in my room lying down and I couldn't help but feel like crap. It was now 5pm and I looked at my phone for the hundredth time and sighed. He was not going to call me as he usually does at about this time. He probably needed time to cool off. However, I had to apologize and I didn't want to do it over the phone.

Getting up from my bed, I grabbed my phone with me and decided to go over to his house. I didn't want to wait until tomorrow, I had to do this now. Putting on my shoes quickly, I went back downstairs and left the house.

After fifteen minutes, I was standing outside of his door nervously. What if he didn't want to talk to me? Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door. I waited a couple minutes before the door opened. Josh stood on the other side of the door looking at me. He was wearing a black jeans pants and was shirtless. Forcing my eyes from his chest, I looked up at him. It looked like he just had a shower as his hair was dripping wet.

"Hey. Can I come in?" I asked nervously. He hesitated a moment before he swung the door wider and stepped aside. I entered the living room and he closed the door softly behind me. He walked over to the couch and stood near it, crossing his arm over his chest and waited for me to say what I had to say. I can see that he was really hurt. I didn't blame him.

"Josh, I'm really sorry for being such a bitch." I said getting to the point. He did not say anything, he just stood there, so I continued. "I was not in the best of moods and I took it out on you. I really didn't mean what I said."

He still stood there not saying anything and I started to feel uncomfortable. The silence was putting me on edge, so I looked at the ground and played with my hands. "Please say something." I begged.

After a while, he finally spoke. "What am I supposed to say, Lexie? You were pushing me away. How do you think that's suppose to make me feel?"

"I know and I'm sorry. I really didn't mean it Josh." I replied quietly. "Please don't shut me out."

Josh ran his hand through his hair and sighed. "I'm not. I was just upset and needed some time." He was quiet for a while and I stood there waiting. "I shouldn't have pushed you like that either, so I'm sorry too." He finally said.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, Josh." I said looking directly into his eyes. "I get it. I'm the one that's sorry. I shouldn't have made you feel like your concern is not important and appreciated. I'm really glad you care this much for me." I looked down at my hands for a second and then looked at him again. "So, are we okay?" I asked.

"Come here." He said opening his arms and I didn't hesitate to step into his embrace. "Yeah. We will always be okay."

"I'm glad." I mumbled into his chest and hugged him tighter. My body pressed into his hard muscles and as usual, I felt safe in his arms. He kissed my forehead and pulled away.

He brushed his hand over my cheek and I looked up at him. "Now enough talking and kiss me." I said looping my arms around his neck.

He smiled at me. "My pleasure." He said and brought his lips to mine. He kissed me with so much passion that my knees went weak. He pulled me closer to him and I gasped in surprise. He took this opportunity to take control and as usual he took my breath away. After a while, we pulled up for air.

"I don't want you to go just yet." Josh said quietly after catching his breath. "Want to watch a movie with me for a while?" Josh asked unwrapping his arms from around my waist.

"Sure." I replied grinning at him. I walked over to the couch and sat down while he turned on the TV. When he was on Netflix, he chose a comedy for us to watch. He sat on the couch beside me and brought his hands around my shoulder, bringing me closer. I rest my head on his chest and the movie began. When the movie was finished, I realize it was getting late.

"I need to get home." I said standing up from the couch and stretched my sore muscles.

"You can stay the night if you want." Joshua suggested.

I nodded my head. "Okay, I would love to. Just let me call my parents and tell them that I'm having a sleepover at Stacy's." I said, glad that he asked me to stay. I honestly didn't want to leave as yet. I wanted to spend more time with him.

After I called my mom, Josh took me to his room and went to his closet. He finally came up to me holding one of his T-shirts.

"You can wear this. This is the longest shirt I have." He said handing the shirt to me.

"Thanks." I said taking the shirt from him. "Do you have an extra toothbrush?"

"Yeah. Look in the cabinet over the sink." He replied. He turned around to get extra blankets from his closet and I went into his bathroom, closing the door behind me.

After using the bathroom, brushing my teeth and putting on Josh's shirt, I exited the bathroom. I pulled on the shirt a little bit as it only reached mid thigh. I saw that Josh had spread the blankets on the couch in his room and was sitting on the couch waiting for me.

"You can have the bed, I will sleep on the couch, okay?" He said indicating his bed.

"Are you sure?" I asked, eyeing the small couch that was too small for his big frame.

"Yes, Lexie. I will be fine." He answered but I was still not comfortable kicking him out of his own bed.

"I can't do that, Josh. It just wouldn't feel right. You can sleep on the bed with me. It's big enough." I said hoping he would change his mind.

"You're sure?" He asked unsure and I nodded. I knew he didnt want me to feel uncomfortable with us sharing a bed, but it was really fine. I like that he was being a gentleman though.

Sighing, he finally gave in. "Fine." He got up from the couch and we both went on the bed. My back was turned to him and I could feel his bare chest on my back as he placed his hands around my waist pulling me closer.

"Good night, Cupcake." He whispered, kissing my hair.

"Good night, Josh." I replied, my eyes getting heavy with sleep. Within the next five seconds, I succumb to the tiredness.

****************************
A/N: Hey friends, I hope you like this chapter. I tried my best to make it great for you guys.

Please vote and comment and let me know what you think.

I love you 💜

~Alecia