Chapter 26: Confessing The Truth (Part 2)

Confessing The Truth (Part 2)

"He hit you?!" He shouted and I nodded. I looked over at him and saw that he looked angry; his jaw was clenching tightly.

"After I broke up with him, I never saw him again. A few weeks ago, he was back and claimed that I'm still his. I told him we were no longer an item, but he wouldn't give up. When he saw me with you the first time, he hit me for the first time since he was back and told me to stay away from you." I said choking on a sob as I remembered that day.

"The bruise that I saw on your stomach...he did that?" He asked clenching his fist at his sides. I nodded again and he ran a hand through his hair, barely controlling his anger.

"I ran into him yesterday. He had seen you and I together and he threatened me again to stay away or I would regret it. He sounded very serious and I did what he told me because I was afraid of what he would do to me." I said, the tears were flowing down my face now. Josh looked at me and his expression softens. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer.

After a while, my crying stopped and I pulled away from him. "I'm sorry Josh. I'm so sorry."

"Shh...it's not your fault. He's the one that should be sorry." He looked at me and used his thumb to brush the remaining tears from my face. "I would not let him hurt you again, Cupcake. Not if I have something to do about it." He said in a hard tone.

I smiled at him and hugged him. "Let's talk about something else. I don't want this to ruin our date." I said and he gave me a smile back. We talked about other things and before you knew it, I forgot about Troy and everything else and focused on the amazing boy in front of me. He had a way of cheering me up and making me laugh, which made me like him even more.

We decided it was time to go home and we both stood up from the bench. I was about to take a step, when Josh put his hands on my arm stopping me. "I want to ask you something." He said looking away nervously. I have never seen him nervous before and it was cute.

"What is it?" I asked, curious as to what he wanted to ask me.

"I don't know what I am doing here and have never had a girlfriend before. What I do know is, I want to try this thing with you and one thing I can guarantee you is that, I would never hurt you. What I'm trying to ask is, would you be my girlfriend?" He asked looking intently into my eyes.

My eyes widen at his request and a big smile came on my face. "Yes." I said happily.

The grin on his face was big enough to melt my heart and he put his hands on my waist and lifted me up off the ground and spun me around. He pecked my lips and laughed happily. When my feet were on the floor again, he pulled me closer and kissed me gently. I wrap my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss before we pulled apart. With his arm still wrapped around my waist, we walk back up the trail and back to the car. After we got in, he drove me back home.

When he pulled up in my driveway, it was 9:30pm and I notice that all light were off in my house. I unbuckled my seatbelt and lean over my seat and give Josh a light kiss on his lips. I was about to pull back when he brought me closer and deepen the kiss. We finally broke the kiss and I pulled away and exited the car.

"See you tomorrow, Cupcake." He said smiling. "I'll pick you up."

"Okay." I walked up to my front porch before turning and waved at him and he waved back. As soon as I went inside, I heard him drive off. I leaned on the door, sighing happily.

*~*~*

"Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" I shouted, running down the stairs as I heard a car horn outside.

"Bye Lexie!" Dad shouted from the dining room.