The Labor

I know nothing about labor or being pregnant because I am a teenage girl so I'm sorry if I offend anyone with my lack of knowledge. I had to do tons of research but still without knowing what it actually feels like for myself am quite uneducated.
()()()()()()
My heart is racing and it's hard to breathe. I've managed to scramble onto my legs and am feeling like I'm going to faint. Water is slowly tricky down my legs which I'm assuming is my broken water. "Maybe it's just pre-labor, you know. Maybe it's not time and you're just having symptom. Maybe-" Peeta goes on and on pacing very fast my with his sword ready for the nearing invaders. I don't want to hear his rambling. I'm sure it's time.

"PEETA!" I yell calling his attention to myself. "I may be seventeen years old, pregnan at for the first time, and know next to nothing about having a damn baby but, I KNOW IM FUCKING HAVING THIS BABY AND JTS HAPPENING IN THE NEXT FUCKING MINUTES!" Yes. I don't know anything. All I know is it hurts like hell.

It's like severe period pains, and a person gradually tightening their arms around my stomachs and squeezing the hell outta me. Helluva lot worse than I expected. Yes, I do know that once you are in labor and not pre-labor you have either a very short or very long amount of time and I don't know which I want it to be. I don't want to give birth during the Hunger Games but I don't want to wait days.

My hand reaches my forehead and I can feel the sweat seeping outta my pores as our enemies near, and a storm starts to brew in a different section of the arena in which they are running from. I again recognize Gloss, Cashmere, Brutus, and Enobaria like before. They chased us at the beginning of the games. Now we are weak and easy targets. They are out for blood. Only people who didn't follow the damn plan and sent everyone into panic.

I swallow, feeling a lump in my throat, as another wave of contractions hits me hard. They aren't very far apart. That's not good. Not good atoll. "Peeta," I whisper midst cramping in pain," the baby is coming, and it's coming soon." He looks me dead in the eyes with severe panic. His normally bright blue eyes are extremely dark like a painful bruise.

I see how desperate and scared he is. Just like me. I have no clue what I'm doing, or how this works. What happens now? "PEETA!" Finnick screams and he quickly turns over his shoulder slicing Brutus straight across his shoulder with his blade. My stomach is doing flips as I feel like I have to hurl, really need to pee, and feel like someone just stabbed knives into my back. God damn it.

Suddenly, I feel a drop in my abdomen and start to panic. I can't move and Enobaria is charging straight at me. Her eyes meet mine but I can't find her spirit inside, only venom. She looks pissed to shit and my heart is beating a billion times per second. My chest feels like I'm in overdrive.

I close my eyes fearing the impact and waiting for her to kill me. It feels like forever and still, nothing has come. I open my eyes to see her on her knees in front of me with a trident straight through her chest. Finnick looks at me, "I've got you," he says. And I believe him.

The cannon sounds and I see the other careers turn to see her limp body being detached from the weapon. Fear fills their eyes now and before any of us know it, they are gone. I start to cry. Not a sad cry, or a happy cry. I don't even know why I'm crying. All the emotions I've held in are just pouring out.

Peeta wraps his arms around my shoulders and I put my head on his chest. Tears stain his wet suit and my limbs feel jello like. Why does my life have to suck? Every time something good happens its ripped out from under me from the Capitol. My dad died, my mom almost killed herself, prim was reaped for the games, I went in for her, and just as my life got better and I was happy with Peeta and going to start a family with him, we had to come back again.

Here we are. Standing in this giant circular arena, hugging, crying, and in physical and mental pain. They say there is a reason for everything, but what is the reason for this? Sometimes I wish Effie would have moved her hand a little but to the right, or left. Maybe she would have picked me, but she probably would have picked someone else and my life wou don't have turned so much. But then is oils not be with Peeta, and I'm not willing to give that up.

I know in this instant that it's time for the baby to come but I don't want to give birth to a beautiful baby in the ugliest place imaginable, The Hunger Games. "Peeta," I whisper feeling the pain throughout my back the whole way around my body,"it's time." He looks at me and smiles and I know it's a true smile. We both look over to Finnick and he walks away clearly knowing what's going to happen.

My side starts to burn and I look down to see a small blade sticking from my side. A scream escapes my lips and I start falling to my feet. Searing pain is bursting through my side and I can feel my blood rushing to the wound. "PEETA!" I scream before everything looses color and I'm lost in the blackness.
()()()()()()
Shootouts for reading my whole A/N last chapter goes to @everlark123198 @Britt_NYD @manda_leah @kaitlyyyyyyyn @unicorn_nerd_65432
And @lostgirl7317