Chapter 1: A Ghost Story

Class 4-A. That was my section. It was said that this section is the star section, and it was composed of many smart students.

I am now outside the classroom. I am shaking from head to foot and my stomach feels like its going to explode. Professor Kim was introducing me to the class.

" Class, you will have a new classmate," after that I heard many excited whispers and noise.

Prof. Kim shuts them up and continued, "He came from the province of Seo Rim, so he's not yet used to City Life. He's having culture shock, and I want all of you to treat him well. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am!", they happily answered. Then she gestured me to come in!

Okay! This is it. I can do this!

I walked like a fool inside the classroom up to the center. Well, thats how I felt like.

They were all looking up to me, and I was very shy. I just looked at the ground and introduced myself,"H-hello everyone. I am David Lee, a transferee student. I have to transfer here because my parents wanted me to study and graduate here. I uh.. live alone on apartment not away from here. My parents were supporting me from Seo Rim. I find living alone challenging, but I can manage. I have to work hard for my dreams. So, its nice to meet you everyone! I hope we can create good memories this year."

They clapped their hands at me and I smiled when I saw that they were smiling at me. The girls in front of me were giggling. I wonder why?

"Mr. David, please take the seat beside Ms. Carmel. She's the class president and she can help you on your concerns. You can ask her everything and she could guide you on the campus.", said Professor Kim.

", said Professor Kim

I went there and sat. I still feel nervous because I can feel all eyes on me. Will you guys stop staring at me?

"Hello!", someone beside me said. It must be Ms. Carmel.

"I am Jennifer Rose Carmel. Its nice to meet you, David!", then she extended her hand.

"Um. Yeah. Nice to meet you too, Jen.", then I took her hand and shook it.

Now that I saw her, I feel something strange. Something had struck my chest. Jen has a very long black hair, very white skin, and a beautiful face. I blushed and looked away.

Then my other classmates also introduced themselves warmly.

I felt welcomed. This section seems promising.

=======================

We had the first two subjects and I had to introduce myself again to the new teachers. But they seem so happy and excited for a new student. I participated well and gave them the first impression that I am talented. It made me so happy.

I looked at the whole class to see my classmates. All of them look so kind and intelligent. I hope I can have friends here. Maybe not so many. I just need true friends.