Chapter 0: Lucy's Departure

This is probably the most tragic and saddest moment for the parents of Lucy Carmel and her sister, Jennifer. It was a gloomy day combined with unexpected thunderstorm. The weather itself sympathizes with the pain and sadness that they are all enduring. Lucy's family, friends, and all the students and teachers of St. Gregory University who all went to mourn on this day of her burial. All of them were mourning as they guide Lucy to her resting place.

This is the day where all those who love her were all shocked and pained by what happened. Most of them especially her family can't accept the painful truth that their beloved Lucy.. is gone.

All of those who are sympathizing and mourning were slowly following the black van where Lucy's corpse with her coffin are. There was a big picture frame of her placed there and the people knew that that was the last time that they could see the sweet and pretty smile of Lucy. It was decorated with beautiful flowers which were placed beside it.

All of the mourners are wearing only black and white which symbolizes their sympathy for Lucy's family who were suffering from so much sadness. Along with their cries are the strong drops of rain. Even their umbrellas are all black. There is no color nor hint of happiness that can be traced on this tragic day.

Lucy's parents and sister could still not expect that Lucy, full of dreams and ambitions would die at such an early age. As they went closer to her grave, they felt like their heart and soul were being tortured from so much pain. It was an unexplainable sadness that no words could ever explain. At that point, they are wishing that this is not happening, that this is all just a nightmare. They are all wishing that they could soon wake up. But no matter how hard they try, they can't accept the reality. They had to accept the truth that all the memories that they had with her will just forever remain as a memory.

Ms. Carla who were Lucy's mother could almost twist her handkerchief out of constant flow of tears from her swollen eyes that she could also cry with her blood.

"Lucy! My beloved daughter, how could this ever happen to you!", she shouted with anguish. "It should have been me! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME WHO DIED INSTEAD OF YOU!", she couldn't do anything but just kneel on the ground and punch it weakly. She didn't mind the rain that drenched her all over. For her, the coldness she were experiencing with extreme sadness were nothing compared to it. She was hugging the black coffin of her daughter, wishing that she could offer everything just to see her smile once again.

"Sister Lucy..", cried Jen touching the coffin of her sister. "Why did you leave me? Why did you go somewhere where I can't follow? Why?"

The car stopped and the workers get the coffin out of it. Everyone followed them as they went closer and closer to her grave.

Once there, the priest stood beside the coffin together with his servers. They lifted the cover of the coffin and there they all saw Lucy's lifeless body who were peacefully resting on it.

"In the name of the Father, the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.", the priest started praying along with everyone. "May you give justice upon the tragic death your deceased daughter, Lucy Carmel. May you give us the answers to some questions that are shrouded in mystery. It is our Father in Heaven who shall give the rightful punishment for all those who are associated with her death. Our God, may all the good memories of Lucy serves as a good lesson for all those who will be deprived of her here on Earth. Forgive her for her sins."

The priest grabbed a small bottle on his pocket containing the sacred Holy Water and applied it all around Lucy to bless her soul.

Along with the harsh rain, he continued. "Our Father. You are the alpha and omega, the start and ending of everything. You are the reason of our existence, in ashes we started and in ashes we return. In all humility we pray to you and begging you to take care of the soul of Lucy Carmel who departed this world and were now dwelling on your place. Reclaim her and give her peace on your kingdom and purge her from every darkness so that she could rightfully live under your eternal light. It is in your hands that rests her salvation from the fires of hell. May her soul finds rest as well as her spirit and be with your holiness and eternal love, amen."

For the last time, her beloved family and friends were given the opportunity to say their last words to her.

After her parents, Jia and Tammy along with Mrs. Kim approached her and cried.

"Lucy.. we're so sorry we couldn't save you from dying.", Jia cried. "You are my best friend and you will always be. Im so sorry.."

"I know you can't possibly forgive us for what we did." cried Tammy and touched Lucy's cold face. "But someday.. I will repent and make it up to you somehow.. someday."

Mrs. Kim, her homeroom teacher, touched Lucy's hand and wiped her tears, "You are always my favorite student, Lucy. As your teacher, you had made me proud and I apologize for not coming to save you in time. May your soul finds peace now."

And finally, Jen approached her sister and cried. She hugged her stone-cold body, "Sister.. I love you so much!! I promise I will stay strong and keep on fighting for my dreams. Until we meet again.."

The workers slowly closed the cover and her mother were screaming as they insert it on her stone grave, refusing to part with her daughter.

After a few more minutes, all the people have left except Jen who stubbornly insisted to be left behind as she watched a statue of an angel that was in a form of praying. Its eyes looked like it was crying along with her as the rain flowed on it.

Jen stared at the gray sky and kneeled weakly. She cried and cried, hoping to see her sister once more.

"I love you, sister. Your loving memory will always be engraved in my heart."

RIP
Lucy Carmel(1988-2004)