Epilogue

Dear Diary,

So thats all of it!

Months later, me and Jen graduated with flying colors.

Jia and Tammy are the ones who placed medals on Jen and gave her her diploma, in the place of her parents.

I made my parents proud, and they accepted Jen as my fiancée. Hihi.

Of course, we are still living on our apartment, and Ms. Niyohara takes care of us brats.

Before me and Jen graduated, we went to the place where Lucy died. Its on the back of the senior building.

There, me and Jen built a stone bench and carved on it the words,

In Loving Memory of Lucy Carmel (2004)

And after that, we have lit two white candles there and we prayed for Lucy' s soul.

We also prayed to God and thanked him because on our dark times, he never abandoned us. He never leave us.

Its because thats the power of faith. No amount of darkness can penetrate the hearts of those who believe in God.

It was all finally over. Im glad that this story has an happy ending.

So maybe thats all diary. Your pages are now full.

Lucy's memories are now residing on you, and I will protect you with all my life.

Before I end this, I want to write the lesson that Lucy gave to us.

Fill every moments of your life with happiness, together with those you love. Create many memories, because only those memories can live to the people who loves us.

We shall never forget about you, Lucy Carmel. Rest in peace now. Jen and I will make you proud. I promise.

We'll see each other again soon..

Until then, we are going to fill our lives with happy and precious memories, like you have taught us.

Farewell, Lucy Carmel..

========================

"There! Its finally finished, Jen!", I said to her and she smiled.

She took it and placed it beside their family picture.

"One day, David, we will also have our own family picture."

"Yes, Jen. We will. Definitely."

Jen looked at me and smiled, "Thank you for loving me and accepting me. Thank you for being with me until the end of that story. We 'll be together, until the end of our life. I love you, baby."

I smiled at her, "I love you too. I am the one who should be thanking you."

We closed our eyes and slowly, our lips touched one another. After that, we smiled to each other.

====

This is not yet the end, but only the beginning of another story.

A story where my life with Jen can truly start and someday, end with a happy outcome.

==================================

The End

==================================
PS: Jia also made some sketches of us! I'll just paste them on the next part you'll be reading. Lets just credit them with her pen name TADAYOSHI HIDE.

Until the next time we meet again. Good bye! Thank you for reading!

-David Lee