Chapter 5: A Life with my Girlfriend, Jen

So after that, we went upstairs to my room so that we can have our rest. Im glad that Jen was happy now. She's cheerful again.

Her words earlier were still striking me. I am glad that someone like me can bring a person hope. After all this time, I see myself as a useless person.

But now, I am also happy. I am happy that I met someone like Jen.

----

When we were on our room, Jen were amazed by my it.

"Wow! David! This is great! Im glad that I can live to a place like this. Oh, and dont worry. I will be the one who will pay the rent here."

I smiled at her and said, "Yeah, and luckily, the owner of this apartment does not have a relative to our school. She's the best friend of my mom ever since they were little. She was kind, so there's nothing to worry about like kicking us out like the owner of your apartment earlier, Jen."

She sat on the bed and listened to me intently and happily.

I pointed to the corner of my room where a door stood, "Jen, thats where the bathroom is. There is also one downstairs."

She looked there and smiled, "I could use that every time. Hihi. Oh, gimme my trunk, help me fix my things."

I gave her that and she opened it.

My mouth dropped when I saw a large briefcase full of money.

She laughed at my stupid expression, "Oh David. Hahahaha. Dont worry, I still have lots of them on the bank."

I watched her as she pulled out the contents of her trunk.

There's her clothes, her school things and uniform, some books that she like to read, and then their family picture.

I took it out and looked at it.

There's Jen and Lucy. They really look so much alike! Wow. They're like a photocopy. Both of them are wearing a white dress, and I cant almost tell who is who. Both of them were sitting on a luxurious bench.Then there's their parents behind them. Jen and Lucy looks so much like their mother. Their dad looks like a professional, and his smile reflects that he is a good person.

Jen was also looking at it. I gave it to her and she sadly hugged it again as tears flowed down her cheeks.

"Dont worry Jen. We will help you sister find her peace and everything will be alright. I promise."

She wiped her tears and smiled. She put the frame on the table beside my bed. I am almost close to crying but I have to be strong for her. I dont want her to think that even I were weak. She have to keep fighting, and she was holding onto me. I have to be strong, too.

We fixed her clothes on my spare drawer. Good thing it all fitted! Then, she took a warm bath for a while and emerged with a white dress.

"This is my night clothes. Hihi.", she said cutely while she was combing her long hair.

"It was still early, so have your rest.", I said.
"Tomorrow I am going to inform Ms. Niyohara about you living here."

Jen smiled and put the lamp on the table beside my bed. I put the lights on my room off.

She stared at their family picture once more and smiled.

"Papa, Mama, Big sister, I will never fail you. I promise."

I smiled at what she said and we lied on the bed. The rain was still ongoing. I hope it will stop tomorrow.

"Goodnight baby.", said Jen happily and kissed my lips.