Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21

The sound of the laughing kookaburras woke me the next morning. I opened my eyes to the blinding morning sun. I sighed, in defeat, realising that I wouldn't be able to succumb to any more sleep now.

Before I could move, arms tightened around me and Taylor began kissing my neck lightly. I smiled as he began whispering the three words that I loved him saying the most. "I love you," he whispered between kisses.

"I love you, too," I mumbled as I turned over to my other side to face him. Immediately, my face was secured between his hands and his lips were crashing into mine. I still wasn't able to be as close to him as I'd have liked, seeing as I had this huge bulge preventing such things. The whole time our lips were connected, the baby kicked sporadically, but each time it did, the force behind it would've been enough for Taylor to feel it.

I smiled and pulled away before he knocked me breathless. I smiled at him as he placed his hands over our baby, moving his fingers to wherever he or she moved.

I decided to briefly bring up the topic of yesterday. "So... What happened when I left you and Kayleigh downstairs?"

"Umm, I tried to coax her out of the house, but she insisted on staying because she wanted to see you. I didn't want that. I still don't like the fact that she didn't speak to you all this time, even if it was because of Chad. She ended up leaving when your dad and Becky came home."

"Speaking of such filth," I responded quickly, "Do you still want to meet with him?"

He stroked my cheek before answering slowly, "Yes, I rang him last night before I came up here. He's meeting me in Geelong this afternoon."

"I'm going with you," I said in a small voice.

"The hell you are," his voice was fierce and severe that I didn't push the issue.

"But, what if he's tricking you and comes here instead," I finally breathed.

He relaxed after I said this, "Ah, that is why you are going to my place today. You can hang around with Courtney; she's missed you. Plus, Chad doesn't know where I live."

He could see I wanted to push the issue - not that I didn't want to spend time with Courtney, but that I wouldn't be with him - and gave me a quick kiss.

"This'll work out. I promise that I will sort out whatever Chad's problems are before this child is born. Trust me Nas," he pleaded.

I stared into his eyes, seeing if he truly meant his words. "Fine," I muttered.

"Thank you," he said before kissing my forehead.

I didn't answer. I only proceeded to get out of bed and prepare myself for the day ahead.

* * *

"Just go already, Tay," Courtney pleaded as she tried to push him out his front door. She was dressed in her school uniform, seeing as she had only arrived home from school.

Taylor put on a pained face as he looked at me in despair. He quickly leaned his face to mine, overpowering Courtney's attempts to part us. He kissed me soft and tenderly, his lips lingering on mine as he whispered, "This will work out, I promise. I'll be back in a couple of hours. I love you," he pecked my lips lightly before swiftly turning around and walking to his car. I watched as he drove away; away into the tsunami that was Chad McMurray.

"Nas? Hello? Earth to Nasettia!" I was woken from my slight reverie as Courtney waved her hand in front of my face, trying to get my attention.

I blinked, trying to get the images of Taylor and Chad in the same society out of my mind. The last time they were in each others' presence, Taylor was knocked to the ground.