Missing Cinderella

The beast within him was restless, it craves blood.

His fangs protruded from his mouth as it grew longer, he could feel his eyes making an uncomfortable shift making it itchy and dry. His claws grew painfully slow from his fingers. 

He held his hands up to see the sharp nails emerging from his fingers. Blood poured out of his nail beds as it grew.Mariano felt his lungs squeeze itself from feeling dry. This can only mean one thing and he didn't like it one bit.

He needs to feed.

Mariano heard a vicious growl near him and saw Sylvester mid way in shifting to his wolf, half of his body is already filled with brown fur and his eyes were already glowing and changing. He looked around to see Adriano sitting in a chair with Xerxes beside him, holding him down with one hand on Adriano's shoulder.

They looked calm but their eyes were glowing in vivid colors, like him and Sylvester but in different colors. Xerxes being a wizard had his gray eyes glowing, while Adriano being a dragon had his eyes glowing in the same color as his hair, but his irises turned into long vertical slits that looked like cat's eyes.

"He's here..."

Mariano heard Xerxes utter in a hushed tone, but everyone in the room heard what he said. This stilled them all in their movements, they looked at the door with vicious eyes that would make anyone cower in fear to whoever sees them.

"Is she safe?" Sylvester asked, not taking his eyes off the door.

Mariano glanced at Xerxes and he saw his friend looking anxious and agitated, he cocked a brow at him and Xerxes nods his head curtly. The two of them had a silent conversation, Xerxes having the power to access any mind he wants took them to an advantage.

'Where is she?' Mariano asked in his mind, knowing his friend can hear him clearly.

They heard the front door downstairs slammed open they tensed up, their bodies becoming rigid with each heavy footstep that seems to drag out slowly on purpose. They were on full alert and ready to fight if needed, but the fear that once held their hearts in the past were slowly creeping up.

'I don't know. Johnson has her,' Xerxes responded, he felt Mariano's emotion coming in waves as Mariano heard his words.

He shot Xerxes a glare and barred his teeth to him, his eyes were still as black as the night sky and it showed anger. Sylvester sensing the danger that was about to come, growled lowly, he could feel his wolf pacing around in his mind as they anticipate him.

'Go follow them. We'll handle him, make sure she's safe. If something happened to her I will kill you myself,' Mariano roared in anger, he saw Xerxes flinching from how callous Mariano's voice sounded.

'Why are you so protective of her anyway?' Xerxes inquired.