The Call

XERXES ^ ^

_______________

Mariano felt rage taking over his body, the guys saw him going tense from the phone call and they immediately assumed that it was something horrible to make their friend mad.

"Mariano, what's wrong?" Sylvester asked but instead of answering, Mariano held up a finger to him. This annoyed Sylvester but kept his mouth shut because he still wanted to know what's wrong. The guys kept their mouth shut and waited patiently for Mariano and the unknown caller.

"Thalia listen to me okay! Whatever you do just wait for-" He didn't get to finish his sentence because he heard another voice speak through the phone.

"Ah, Mariano! My dear old friend! How have you been?" Luciano's voice echoed through his ears, instead of Thalia.

Sylvester snatched the phone away from Mariano's grasp and placed the phone in his ear, looking frantic and concerned. While Mariano looked at his friend like he lost his mind.

"Thalia? Hello?" Sylvester frantically exclaimed on the phone, his voice full of worry for Thalia.

"Hello, mutt! Put Mariano on the phone again, please. I won't speak to anyone except him.Okay? Thanks." Sylvester also had the same reaction like Mariano earlier, he stared at the phone in total shock and bewilderment. He couldn't believe what he was hearing, he finally found out who that voice belongs to. Mariano quickly snatched his phone back from the frozen Sylvester and placed it back to his ear.

"Listen to me you son of a bitch! I will rip your throat and heart out if you as so much touch a single strand of her hair." Mariano said through gritted teeth but instead of a gasp of horror, he heard a booming of laughter at the end of the line.

"Oh, my dear Mariano. You always bring me joy with your cute little threats! I mean... It is a threat... Right?"Luciano taunted. This only infuriated Mariano more and the guys seem to be getting annoyed too.

"It's not a threat, it's a f***ing promise dickhead," Mariano growled. He could feel his patience running thin with each passing second but he knows he needs to play it cool or else Thalia will suffer from his choleric attitude.

Mariano knew, he shouldn't have left her earlier, he just knows that something bad might happen, but he had to be stupid and leave her all alone again. He should've just stayed with her, if he did, she wouldn't be stuck and tortured by a psychopath. Now, she's suffering and he doesn't know where she is. He blamed himself for what's happening to Thalia.

"Oh, I'm so scared! Quick! Call my mommy," Luciano ridiculed.

"Give Thalia the phone now!" Mariano blared.

"Where are your manners, Mariano? You got to say please first..."

"No! Giver her the phone now or else!" Mariano couldn't hold up the anger in his chest anymore, even his patience is gone. He will kill that son of a bitch no matter what happens, he just hopes that Thalia might still be alive to watch him do so.