E P I L O G U E

Warning: This chapter is quite long. 

Still, enjoy the last chapter of The Vampire and The Idiot.

_____________________________________________

Mariano and Adriano arrived on the scene, just in time to see Luciano about to claw Sylvester's chest.

The vampire ran and pushed Luciano away from his friend. Tackling him to the ground. Growls and shouts were exchanged between the two.

Adriano quickly came to Sylvester's aid, carrying him out of the danger zone where he can't be injured further by the fight that was happening.

"What happened?" Sylvester asked.

"We found the clone and tied her to a tree, I will fix it later. Right now you need to heal and call for back up."

Adriano placed Sylvester's limp body against a tree before giving him his phone. He left the wolf all alone before deciding to help Mariano. He ran towards them and shifting to his dragon while he was running.

Mariano saw Adriano shifting and the two exchanged looks with each other. Mariano pinned Luciano beneath him but the ancient just switched back their positions and he ended up on top of Mariano.

Luciano had a sadistic look on his face which angered Mariano but he tried to remain calm. Although it was quite challenging to do so in the middle of a duel.

"You could've been the best, like me but you have to live a life full of lies!" Luciano exclaimed.

Mariano growled and tried to pry of Luciano's hand on his neck, "It's called redemption! I'd rather be weak than be someone as pathetic as you!" He spat, making Luciano slap him hard.

"Such a waste," Luciano said and swung his arm up in the air with the intention of clawing Mariano's neck.

Unbeknownst to Luciano, while the ancient was talking, Mariano had discreetly pulled out the stake that he had been saving just for Luciano, from his pant leg. Suddenly, Adriano hovered above the two. Luciano didn't notice because he was too busy trying to kill Mariano.

Mariano plunged the stake near Luciano's heart, catching the ancient off guard. He looked down at his chest and then back at Mariano, before smirking.

"You missed. I thought I taught you better than that?" Was Luciano's cocky reply.

Luciano removed the stake. Mariano gave a signal to Adriano and the dragon prince breathes fire unto Luciano's back, burning the vampire alive. His skin was quick to melt, unlike an ordinary human skin. Vampires are sensitive to fire and with a dragon's fire, it was impossible for them to regenerate quickly.

Mariano covered his body with his arms. After he was sure that Adriano wasn't breathing fire on them anymore, he removed his hands from his face and watched Luciano being burned alive and screaming at the top of his lungs. Luckily, Luciano had already jumped off of him when he felt the burn. Mariano used this distraction to get the stake and stab Luciano's exposed heart.

Ignoring the wounds that he get from the fire, Mariano sped to Luciano and plunged the stake into his heart. This time he aimed it right. Luciano looked at Mariano with a look of disdain and pain in his eyes, before finally kneeling down and disappearing like dust in the air.

Adriano shifted back to his human form. Johnson quickly ran to his friends' side after witnessing the scene.

"My goodness, Mariano! You look awful!" Johnson exclaimed.