Rescuing

Mariano crouched down on the ground, keeping his eyes steadily on the walking and unaware guards around the warehouse.

The blinding artificial light was roaming around the dark areas to give away any culprit that was planning to enter.

Mariano can see Johnson in the west part of the forest, away from the prying eyes and light that was surrounding the front and back of the warehouse. He was waiting patiently to strike at the right moment, just like Mariano.

They waited patiently for their diversion to come and they have to act on the precise time frame because if they failed to do so, they will miss their chance of getting out of there with their friend in with them. The guards were in the same position they predicted them to be, and they seemed to take a break from walking and was now resting on some makeshift chairs.

Mariano and Johnson exchanged glances from the distance and nodded their heads curtly. A loud roar was heard from the distance, making the guards snap their heads to the source of the noise. Suddenly, a huge winged creature emerged from the shadows of the forest. Its' large webbed wings were stretched so widely in the air.

Its' scarlet scales glittered in the moonlight as it emerges furthermore from the shadows until it was so high up in the air. Then it disappeared in the gray clouds that surrounded the dark sky, it moved so swiftly that none of them could even catch a glimpse of it.

The guards started shooting up in the sky, with no exact location of their target. The bullets being wasted as they continued to fire at the missing creature. Then out of nowhere, one by one the guards suddenly disappeared and ashes rained down on the pavement.

"Why does it seem like something is off?" Mariano muttered to himself as he watched the guards being killed and turned into ashes by Adriano.

He stood up and sped through the window on the west side of the warehouse. He looked up from the ground and walked backward to gain a momentum. He looked up and when he found the right distance, he ran in a blink of an eye and jumped high in the air.

He clung to the window and smashed the glass with his bare fist. He swung his legs first and got inside. He landed with a soft thump on the wooden floor. Mariano looked around and saw a dimmed surrounding.

He walked around and searched every room there is on the second floor, knowing that Johnson was below him also doing the same thing. He found nothing but a couple of guards that he had to kill silently but no Luciano or Xerxes. It was off because he can't seem to find Luciano's presence in the area.

Jumping down from the second floor, Mariano looked around and saw a long and dark narrow hallway behind him. He sniffed the air for any scent and but even the faintest scent was covered by the gas, as the warehouse were full of stacked barrels of it.

Nevertheless, he still tried to catch any scent. He started his search in the hallway. A strong scent of blood and mold hit him and he frowned in confusion. He wondered if Luciano was stacking up bodies behind each door. Mariano opened each door from left to right, finding empty rooms filled with dried blood and gas.