Chapter One - Love Of My Life

"Mary I should go home. Its late. I have work tomorrow..." I protested as she dragged me by the hand from the crowd leading to the backstage area. She flashed the bouncer a small little I.D card, showing she wasn't a news reporter even though you'd think they would know who Freddie Mercury's Fiancée was.

"Come on Meg. Live a little" She giggled "Nervous yet?"

"Not a single bit" I lied "Is he cuter in the flesh?" Mary stopped and chuckled

"Compared to?" She questioned me

"The T.V. The papers? The magazines" I could have gone on but I didn't.

"Oh darling" She brushed my hair back, she'd curled it so I looked super cute, apparently punk wasn't popular within the band. Even though it was more gothic, more rebelling against my parents. They already hated the fact id dropped out of university. Who wanted to be a lawyer anyway. "Those papers and pictures have nothing on him. Don't tell Freddie but Roger looks like something the Greek gods created and gifted us with" That comment alone was enough to set my nerves into a malfunctioning overdrive.

"Okay...now I'm nervous" We stood at the side of their stage, the curtains spread so I could see all four band members.

"You'll be fine" Mary said genuinely. A nod was all my nervous body could manage to produce.

Queen had just finished touring America, returning to glooming old England for their final few sold out stadiums, starting with London. It was an exceptional crowd, the sounds of people stomping their feet, their echoes owning the room. The repeating line of 'We will rock you' warming people and connecting them all. Everyone in that room was different in their own way, bankers, teachers, retail, students but tonight they were all the same person. They were Queen. Mary had been nagging me to come to one of their concerts for what seemed like forever, and in fact had been almost three years. We stood backstage as Queen finished with their final song. It was soft, Freddie's voice sung as if he meant every word.

Backstage my nerves hung, my palms sweaty, my finger trembled. I had never felt so pressured in my entire life! Mary knew why I had spent so long of my life fighting off the urge to come to one of these things, Roger. She knew I had a major crush on him, well who wouldn't. He was gorgeous. I was nothing to half the girls he'd slept with. I was a good girl hidden beneath a punky, gothic exterior. I was far from the typical beautiful blondes id seen him on the news with.

"Freddie!!!" Mary gasped happily as Freddie came off stage wearing one of his famous black and white harlequin all in one outfits.

"My love!" he gasped "You actually came"

"Of course Freddie!" She smiled and kissed him softly. She pulled back as Brian, John and Roger followed behind him. "Hi boys!"

"Hello Mary! All good? Hows your father?" Brian asked gently

"He good thanks Brian" Mary said gently as she stood beside me holding my hand tightly trying to calm my nerves, that seemed to be off the charts.

"Who's your friend Mary?" Roger asked moving into clear view, if I didnt have more self control I would have passed out on the spot. His white loose shirt damp with sweat was mostly open revealing his muscular chest. I could have melted into a world of desire, instead my mind drifted off into a world of numbness.

'Oh my god. Roger!!! You're about to meet Roger. Don't be a moron Meg!' Mary looked over at me pulling the black strands of hair from my face, showing off my black eyeliner and eye shadowed eyes. Punk... Goth... Whatever name they gave my type nowadays. I couldn't keep up. My black lips curved into a smile as I extended my hand out, the black scratched painted fingernails showed off, Freddie did a girly clash motion showing off his matching nails. I couldn't help but giggle and it went in my favour. It was cute. Roger stepped forward ignoring my hand, placing a gentle kiss on my cheek.