Chapter Five - Under Pressure

Chapter Five – Under Pressure

Three weeks had passed and I had made it my mission to try and get on with my life. I had seen a few of Queens press conferences on the news. Roger never attended. Freddie had told Mary he didn't talk to them. He played the concert and went back to his room and no one saw him till the following concert. It broke my heart to know he was going through a difficult time and this time I wasn't there to help him through it, the same as he wasn't here for me.

I wondered if he thought about me. Of course he did. My hand placed on my small bump rubbing it gently while waiting for the kettle to boil. My heart lost in a world of fog. Today was the first scan. I had arranged to go and see the baby for the first time. Finally building up the courage, it took more effort than I imagined. The days weren't getting easier. They were getting harder and harder. My heart and body craved Roger as much as I was angry at how he treated things I couldn't help but know that if I saw him again I would kiss him.

"Meg!" Mary shouted from the other room. I finished making my drink before I grabbed my mug of tea heading into the living room. I looked at her seeing her holding the remote in her hand as she pointed at the TV as I turned my attention to it lowering myself into the corner rocking chair in the living room. The woman on the news announcing.

"Queen have indeed cancelled their tour. With only six dates left to perform. No statement has been made as to why" I stared at the screen as the door knocked. I went to get up as Mary jumped to her feet quicker. A flicker of a smile hidden by a firm stern look. I rolled my eyes turning my attention back to the photo of the bad I seemed almost in shock as I shook my head standing up again as Mary answered the door. Heading back into the kitchen I placed my cup down before heading upstairs.

"No wait Meg!" Mary shouted as I turned around heading back down the stairs I was already half up. Mary was outside the front door. The door slightly closed as she whispered. I turned heading back into the kitchen.

"Well hurry up, I have the scan in an hour" I say softly

"Oh yeah! The scan" she mumbled.

"Oh god Mary. I cant do this...the baby...Roger. God knows why they cancelled their tour. I told them to continue. Not do the god damn opposite and come home. Plus they only have one week left. He could have cancelled three weeks ago. Hell he could have stuck around.." I muttered "I cant see Roger, Mary...I just know I cant" I leaned on the side sighing.

"Why not gorgeous?" Said a husky voice from behind me. I shot up and turned around. Mary smirked, clearly already knowing something about this she waved before closing the door behind her leaving it just me and Roger. My eyes staring at him and I crumbled. My entire body gave in instantly.

"You came back...Why? What took you so long!" I say battling the urge to kiss him.

"Because I'm stupid. The woman I fucking love is pregnant with my unborn baby and I acted like a complete prick and bailed" I smirked without control.

"Well we can agree on something then!" I crossed my arms holding up a firm front.

"Meg. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I didn't chase you to the bloody airport. I'm sorry I didn't follow you back home. I'm sorry I was a complete ass. Forgive me please. I'm ready to be a father. I want to be a father. I want you to be mine" Roger stared at me and all I could do was tremble from nerves. I had missed him terribly.

"I cant do this Rog, I'm sorry. Not right now I have to go out" I say moving past him as he grabbed my arm spinning me around. Pinning me against the kitchen door and him. His palms pressed against the wood each side of me keeping me in place as I looked up at him. His breath hot and heavy, panting almost as he stared down at me. I look in his eyes, lost within the blue pools, there are already tears in mine. I open my mouth to speak but he holds a shaking finger to my lips.