Chapter 46

Kai's P.O.V

It's been a week now since I told Ellie she couldn't go out with her brother. She has barley spoken to me, but I haven't pushed her to either cause I don't want her to be more mad at me. I'm currently in my office and have been for the past few days so I haven't really got the chance to speak to her anyway.

I haven't found anything else that points to Josh, I don't think it was him but I'm still not 100% sure so I'm not taking any chances for it. I allowed him to come in yesterday to see Ellie. Her, Josh and Rachel all sat outside since it was a nice day. Everything else was busy working so it was just them three. Even though I was working I checked up on them a few times, making sure they couldn't see me off course, I just had to make sure that everything was alright and I wanted to keep an eye on Josh whilst I could.

Gunshots made me snap out of my thoughts, jump out of my seat and run as fast as I could to where I can hear the gunshots and what sounded like Rachel screaming followed by Ellie's screams. I don't think I've ever ran so fast in my life. All I could think about was them to being hurt and that just made me run faster. The gunshots were coming from the kitchen and when I got to there I saw Rachel lying on the ground covered in blood and glass surrounding her, Ellie was knelt down beside her in tears and shouting at her telling her to stay awake and that everything will be okay. I grabbed my gun out of my waistband and ran beside Josh who was currently shooting out the window. There was, from what I could tell 3 men. I shot one in the head instantly killing him while shouting at Ellie to call Lucas. She got her phone out of her pocket and done as I said, I managed to shot the other guy in the leg and turned to see that Josh had shot the last guy in the shoulder and he was lying down like a coward beside the one I shot in the leg. I rolled my eyes at them lying down crying about getting shot. They were clearly newbies and haven't gotten shot before considering how badly they are reacting.

"Help Ellie lift Rachel to the infirmary" I ordered Josh, I didn't trust him right now but that was the least of my concerns. I didn't even know he was here. I walk outside to get the two newbies, one of them tried to act all hard and aimed his gun to shoot me but I beat him to it and shot his arm. He cried out and dropped his gun, once again I rolled my eyes and dragged them both to the kitchen door. Chris, one of my guards that I have around the gates for security came running and helped me with the men. We took them down to the basement and threw them into separate cells.

"What happened?" Chris asked

"That's What I would like to know, how did they get in? Where yous not doing your job properly. Do you know how bad this is? Rachel got shot! She's hurt, badly, Ellie could have been hurt too!" I shouted at him, I was angry and worried. Rachel is Ellie's best friend and Lucas's girlfriend, I have grew to like her and shes now hurt because my security aren't doing their jobs properly.

"Sorry boss, I don't know how they got in. I heard gunshots and came as fast as I could" he says, I don't have time for him so I told him to go back to his post and that I'd deal with them all later. I made my way out of the basement and ran towards the hospital room we had.

Rachel's P.O.V

I was in the kitchen making lunch with Ellie and her brother, we were all laughing and joking around when out of no where gunshots were heard. I heard the glass from the window beside me shatter and before I could react an incredible pain shot through my body, I screamed out in pure agony.

It all seemed surreal, I was lying on the floor blood was running out of me like a waterfall. The pain was like nothing I had ever felt before, Ellie was sitting beside me, her mouth was moving fast and by the looks of it she was shouting at me but I couldn't hear anything she was saying, I couldn't hear anything. It felt like the world was spinning, it was making me feel really dizzy and black dots started to fill my vision. Suddenly it felt like I was floating. All I could feel was pain before everything went black.

End Of Chapter 46

It's a short one and I left it on a cliffhanger... sorry not sorry. Wait is that classed as a cliffhanger? Aw well I'm gonna call it one anyway! 😂

So will Rachel be okay? 😭😭😡
Is Josh the mole? ❓❓❓
Will Kai find out who the mole is before it's all too late? 🙀🙀🙀

Hope you enjoyed 😊