Chapter 52

Rachels P.O.V

Rain was pelting down outside., the wind was extremely loud and sometimes overruled the sound of the TV. Me and Lucas got back from the log cabin last night. We had the best time, I was excited to get back and see Ellie however I was also sad to leave this place. Lucas told me we could go back anytime and I was going to remember that. I couldn't wait to get back.

Currently me, Lucas, Kai and Ellie were all in the living room watching a movie. I sat with Lucas on my left and Ellie on my right, beside Ellie sat Kai. We were watching Twister. It was such a good movie and one I've seen many times before but no matter how many times I've watched it I'm always up for watching it again. Ellie also loves this movie. She used to make me watch this movie all the time with her back at our old place.

We were coming up to the part where they were going back to Megs house after the tornado hit that place when suddenly the tv and lights went off and a huge boom and flash came from outside. We were having a power cut. Ellie screamed and jumped out of her skin. She hates thunder and lightning, ever since she was a little girl she always has. I remember when we moved in together and there was a thunderstorm, she was freaking out. I didn't know why she was so scared until the next day when she had calmed down told me what happened and why she was completely terrified of thunder and lightning. They were both different stories but both scary for her.

Another boom of thunder sounded throughout the room and once again Ellie screamed.

"Calm down it's just thunder" Kai says, not in a cheeky way though. He wasn't being rude he just didn't know how much she hated thunder and lightening.

"She knows what it is, she's scared of thunder" I tell him

"Oh" He says, he puts an arm around her "don't worry, it's nothing to be afraid of it's just noises plus I'll keep you safe" he says, she smiles up at him only to scream out again once another rumble of thunder echoes throughout the suddenly lit up room due to the lightning.  "It's okay princess" Kai coos trying to calm her down. I thought his attempts were cute but they were not going to work. She is terrified.

"Why is she so afraid?" Lucas whispers into my ear

"Long story and not mine to tell" I say and kiss his cheek before bringing Ellie into a hug.

"I used to be afraid of thunder too Ellie, I used to hide under my bed as a kid all the time" Lucas says

"R-really?" A frightened Ellie asks

"Yeah, and Oscar too but don't tell him I said that" he laughs, Ellie laughs too however her laughs turn into cries and screams as the thunder gets louder and lightning flashes again and again and again.

I feel completely helpless, I know nothing I do or say will help her. I have tried everything over the years I've known her for but nothing ever works. I feel bad and it makes me feel like a bad friend sometimes.

I was about to give her another hug when Kai pulled her onto his knee and kissed her forehead. He was whispering into her ear and I couldn't hear what he was saying. He ran his fingers through her hair and started to massage her head. She seemed to be calming down a bit until thunder sounded throughout the room again. She jumped up and nearly fell of off Kai's knee but he pulled her back down and held her tightly.

Ellie's P.O.V

It's okay princess you don't need to be scared, I'm here. I'll protect you, we all will" Kai whispers into my ear. No matter how comforting his words are and his soothing hands running through my hair it doesn't help when the thunder booms through the room again. I don't want to be afraid of thunder and lightning. I know thunder can't hurt me physically but it has hurt me mentally in the part. It's something I don't want to talk about, only a few people know. I hate talking about it. It doesn't help at all. If anything it makes it worse, I feel like people might judge me, look at me differently.

I want to tell Kai, I trust him enough for him to know why I'm so petrified however I don't want to tell him. I'm not ready to talk about it again, I hated when I told Rachel but she had to know why I acted the way I did. I feel like Kai has the right to know as well, I mean he is my boyfriend and all. I'll ask Rachel to tell him, or maybe I'll wait until I build up enough courage to tell him myself. It took a lot of me to tell Rachel, I had to tell her because I was living with her. I didn't want her thinking something was wrong with me and I wanted her to know that I'd be fine once it was all over. I always am.

When Lucas said he and Oscar used to be afraid of thunder and lightning as well it made me feel a little better. I don't like a lot of people knowing incase they make fun of me. I know it sounds stupid. I shouldn't let people get to me, I just don't want them thinking I'm weak for fearing noises and light but they don't know the reason behind it so they have absolute no right to judge me.

End Of Chapter 52

Thanks for reading!

So I want to end this book. I just don't know how to end it, I want a happy ending but then I was thinking about doing a bad ending and having a squeal. What do you guys think?

I just want to end this book and focus on my other 2 as well but I don't want to rush the ending however I'm running out of ideas to keep the chapters coming out fast. You see I don't like long time skips so...

I don't know. 😂😂😂 I'm just rambling on 😂

Hope you enjoy and remember don't be ashamed of your fears... everyone is Afraid of something! Sometimes they are just too afraid to say and admit they are afraid of something.