Awards Show

Y/N POV

I look into the full length mirror in my girlfriend Jade's house, eyeing myself in a silky black dress she bought me for our anniversary last year. It's my first time wearing it because I've never had anywhere else to wear it until now. Today is the day Jade is coming out as bisexual, she is doing so by taking me as her plus one to the VMAs this year. We've kept our relationship hidden for so long and I can feel the blood rush through my veins at how excited and nervous I am to finally be able to let the world know I'm dating the love of my life.

"I don't think I can do this" I hear her thick accent coming from the doorway, the crack in her soft voice breaks my heart.

I frown and walk over to her, she's wearing a silver, almost metallic looking short dress. I scan her, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks at the beautiful sight of her. Placing a hand on her shoulder I rub down her arm and brush a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"I believe in you. I know you can do it. You are the strongest person I know. You'll know when it's the right time, if you don't think right now is the time to do so, I don't have to go" I smile warmly at her.

Her eyes well you with tears as she stares into my eyes, her bottom lip jutting out.

"Aw baby, please don't cry. You're going to mess up your makeup and I hate to see that frown on your face"

"But you got all dressed up and I don't want to leave you home alone, all because I'm chickening out"

"Jade, you're not chickening out.. I love you, I'm perfectly fine staying home myself. Don't worry about me! You go and have a great time" I smile and put my hands behind her head, pulling her to me and placing a soft kiss on her pouting lips. She pulls my hands down, squeezing them tightly as she breathes in and rests her forehead on mine. I give her one last peck.

"I can do this. I'm done hiding us, I want the world to know how much I love you"

My face heats up, unable to control the stupid smile on my face.

"You are so beautiful" I wrap my arms around her neck as she pulls me closer to her by my waist, walking towards the bed.

"Well we still have a little time before our ride gets her" She giggles kissing me as we plop down on the bed.

***

"Helloooo" Perrie sings as we scoot into the car.

"Alright! Look at you guys, looking hAwt!" Jesy admires us.

"Oh my god, your color schemes, aren't you two just adorable!" Leigh-Anne says as the car starts to move.

"Are you guys ready for- is that lipstick on your neck y/n?" Jesy points out as I frantically try to find the spot she's talking about as all of them start to laugh.

"Really? Right before your big day jade? Poor y/n! Let me get that for you hun, here you go" Leigh-anne passes me a makeup wipe to wipe my neck with.

"Well excuse me for wanting to show my girlfriend some appreciation! I was just giving us some marketing... It's OUR lipstick anyway"

"How are the fans supposed to know it's our cosmetics when it's smudged all over y/n's neck" Perrie points out laughing.

"We miss one spot while cleaning up and we get hammered for it! You're all so nosey" Jade says in her adorable thick accent.

I rub her hand that sits in my lap, admiring her while the girls talk with each other.

"Darling, we're here" Jade turns around blushing at me.

"You ready?"

She nods and leans in and kisses me before we exit the car.

We walk hand in hand until we reach the runway of interviews. Jade squeezes my hand and I feel her little hand shake as we reach our first interviewer. I give her hand a squeeze of reassurance as the flashing of cameras in our face begin; I'm a part of her other world now. The world where people stick their nose in your business, and everyone knows your name, and where everything you love is publicized.

"Ooh and here we have Jade from Little Mix walking up to us" The man looks into the camera with his microphone.

We give him and the camera crew inviting smiles.

"Hello Jade, where's the rest of Little Mix? Who do we have here?"

"This... " She looks at me endearingly then to the interviewer, "is my girlfriend" She smiles.

"That's so nice of you to bring her! Where are your other girlfriends?"

Jade looks at him confused then shakes her head, confusing him with the action.

"No this is my girlfriend. As in romantic girlfriend" She let's go off my hand to wrap her arm around my waist.

"Oh-im so sorry, I didn't know that- that- that you were um- " The interviewer stutters not knowing how to assess the situation.

Jade takes control right away, "I realize that it might come as a shock to a lot of people but I'm done hiding my girl from the world. I've hidden her for far too long and that's the opposite I want to do. When you're in love you want to shout out their name and show them off but I've been too scared of how the world would react but I'm not scared anymore, I love y/n and I want the world to know it" She smiles, looking at me as she says the whole thing.

"Well you girls look very in love and I congratulate you two. I want to thank you both for speaking to us, enjoy your night! You look wonderful!" The man says as we nod with a smile. We decide we should skip the whole interview thing and head straight for the photos as we walk towards the runway where stars pose.

"I love you, I'm so proud of you" I bring my hand to Jade's hip.

"I love you too baby, thank you for being here with me" She says as we step into the carpet where everyone shouts at us to look into the camera. We're too busy admiring each other and the fact that this is a new level in our relationship, to bother looking at anyone else.

She cups my face and kisses me for the one hundredth time today but this time her soft lips kiss me with passion as if a fire had ignited in her. I grip her hips, smiling in the kiss as she pulls apart. We smile at each other before turning to smile at the cameras, holding each other close.