Little One (Pt2)

Requested by Wassabiyeay

Y/N POV

It's been a month since I last saw Jade. That's another month added to the list of months I've spent thinking about her.

I sigh, trying to get the last of her out of my mind, it would be best to do it now. I seal the last box filled with kitchen utensils and stack it on top of the box filled with blankets.

My apartment looks different when it's empty. My eyes glance to the box labeled with her name. It's funny how one box filled with random things can bring out so much emotion in someone.

I check my phone to see a text from my best friend. She said she would be here in about 15 minutes to help me move. That's the only good thing that came from me and jade's run in at the cafe. Later that night she called to apologize and we made amends.

I reluctantly walk towards the box that I've spent so much time looking at and lift it, sitting on the floor with my feet tucked under me. I open it, staring at the things inside. I giggle a bit, pulling out old sticky notes that she would leave in my room when she would visit my house. I shuffle past the pictures of us, pulling out a scarf she wore when we first kissed.

"I remember that scarf, it was my favorite" Her voice says from the doorway. My eyes lift to meet hers, she sends me a warm smile and I can tell she hesitates to come in.

"You can have it back, this is all your stuff anyway" I let out a warm chuckle.

The sound of her heels walking towards me is in sync with the rhythm of my heart as she reaches for the scarf.

"You don't want to keep it?" She looks at me with disappointment in her face, pouting as her eyes soften.

I swallow the lump in my throat, pursing my lips as I shake my head.

She looks down at the scarf, taking a few more steps closer to me as my face starts to heat up. She's now less than an arm's length away from me as she lifts the scarf and wraps it around my neck, pulling me closer to her by tugging the soft material.

"Feels like deja vu, ay?" She looks down at me with a giggle and I can't help but laugh with her. The smile on her face fades away and her eyes flicker from my lips to my eyes as she leans in closer. Her warm breath pans across my face and I drag my fingertips up the side of her leg softly until they firmly rest themselves upon her hips. Gentle touch, not sure if this is the right thing I should be doing. We've kissed a million times but this time as our lips are about to touch, it feels foreign to me.

"Oh, sorry- did I interrupt something?" My best friend walks into the room very flustered and embarrassed.

Jade sighs and rolls her eyes and I clear my throat, gently pushing jade away as I look up to y/bf/n. I try to compose myself as best as possible but I feel the heat sting my cheeks and my breath ragged from my irregular heartbeat.

"No, I was just.. Giving jade back her stuff.. I'm ready" I lift the box and hand it to jade. She looks at me with her mouth parted as if she wanted to say something but couldn't muster up the right words.

"R-Right" She smiles, playing with her hair, eyes looking between y/bf/n and I.

"Cool well, let's pack up then?" She walks over to us. We each pick up a box or two and start loading them into the car.

"I'm sorry" She whispers to me after about half an hour, face red in embarrassment, knowing very well she walked in on something.

"It's fine. It was nothing." I shake it off, loading in the last of the boxes in the car.

"It didn't seem like nothing," She raised her eyebrows at me.

"It was. We haven't spoken to each other since last month and it was on good terms."

"I know. She told me... But it seemed like you guys were on good terms upstairs"

"That was an in the moment kind of thing.. It won't happen again.. " I say, half trying to convince myself.

"You don't have to live with her, I do. She talks about you nonstop, honestly it's annoying. She doesn't shut up, especially about you"

"I don't think she's annoying, I always thought it was cute how much she rambles and stutters over her own words when she gets excited" I bite back my smile as I think of the numerous times she's done so.

"Well duh, you're the one in love with her"

"Am not!"

"That's bullshit!"

"What are you talking about, little one?" Jade asks, making both our heads turn to look at her.

She used to use that nickname on me as words of endearment, but seeing as the reason she broke up with me is because I'm too young and naive, I don't know whether to take it as an insult or not.

I think she can tell because her look softens and she waves a hand at me, "I'm just teasing you love"

I make an o shape with my mouth, not knowing what to say, hoping to God that she didn't hear us talking about my love life.

"Well I'll leave you two alone while I start up the car" Y/bf/n says.

We nod, jade sticks her hands in the pocket of her jeans and looks at me in silence.

"So uh- I'm gonna miss you.. I know we haven't talked much but now that you're moving away it seems far too real.. "

"I get what you mean. I haven't seen my parents in forever but knowing that I'm moving is making it feel more real.. Like I knew they were in reach when I needed them but now I feel like the actual move is what's making the connection fade"

Jade nods, dipping her head low.

"Well, maybe I could stop by in a few months.. Check out how adult life is treating you?" She hesitantly asks.

"Sure.. " I awkwardly nod, not knowing how to fill the silence.

"Oh- your scarf" I say, realizing it's still slung around my neck.

"No! -uh.. Keep it.. Think of it as uh.. A house warming gift" She shakes her hand in front of me, refusing to take back the scarf.

"A-are you sure?"

"Yeah. I just want you to have one piece of me left with you, it'll make me feel better about this whole thing" She shrugs and looks away.

"Me too" I say, and her head shoots up as if she wasn't expecting me to agree.

"It smells like your old perfume" I giggle and she laughs, blushing.

"Well uh.. Have a safe drive there.. I hope everything goes well.. "

"Thanks" I smile and I have the urge to hug her but I know it's not my place anymore, even if we did have a moment upstairs. That's all in the past now and that's what this move is about, new beginnings.

"Well... See you around" She waves with a smile.

I wave back and step in the car, watching her as we drive off, as she waits and watches the car until we are nothing but a dot to each other.

A/N

okay but friends reference when Chandler kisses joey's gf and he was like "past the line?! You're so far past the line that- that- the line is a dot to you!!!" Any friends fans??