The General's Lover (Tigreal | Natalia)

The General's Lover

The sun is now setting on the west. The flag of the Moniyan empire is waving at the middle of the battlefield that had just finished after months of war against the dark abyss.

The metallic blood and rotting bodies of soldiers linger in the air. The wounded general of the Moniyan Empire, Tigreal, slowly lies parallel on the ground. His breathing became ragged, his blood continue to flow out from his wound.

Natalia, an assassin from the dark abyss, came running into the battlefield looking for a man. Her tears start to well up in her eyes as she spotted him.

She dove right where the dying general is. She was about to speak but her voice broke as her sobs took over her.

"I...I'm sorry," she apologized as she held his hands. She could feel his slow breathing under his golden breastplate.

"The Moniyan Empire shall remain peaceful and unconquerable, even to my death," said Tigreal with a weak voice.

"Why are you still saying that?" Natalia hissed.

"It's my duty to protect the weak," he replied. "I hope you'd do the same. And for the last time, I am asking you to leave the dark abyss."

Natalia could not say anything else. She sobbed beside him as she tightens her grip on his hands.

"Don't die on me," she said as she held his cheeks dearly.

Tigreal smiled at her and slowly lifted his hand. He patted her head comfortingly.

"You should leave now," Tigreal said, "before my soldiers find you."

He slowly closed his eyes and Natalia felt his hand slowly ran down her hood. His grip on her hand loosened.

"No, no,no," she sobbed. Her cries were the last sound the general had heard from his enemy, from his lover.