A Dare in the Tavern

In a certain place in Northern Vale, lies a simple yet well-known tavern. A restaurant by day and a pub by night that even the greatest warriors from Magical City, Moniyan Empire and Land of Dawn would come and visit.

Not only do they serve the best booze in town but it became a popular place for arm wrestling. But it ain't the only thing about it, the arm wrestling bears a great fortune for the winner and a heavy consequence for the loser.

But what the warriors truly awaits is Masha's appearance. She is one of the greatest warriors that the Northern Vale takes pride in. Having the golden hair that can be compared to that of the shining sun and her eyes as sharp as the eagle's, everyone looks up to her. With her top standing amongst the other warriors, she is named as the Golden Tigress.

One night, the tavern is filled again with warriors from different places. Enjoying the booze and somehow satisfying noise created by many, no one noticed the entrance of a rather petite woman. Her blue trench coat falls down to the back of her knees, her  long, braided pink hair swayed with the rhythm of her hips as she struts towards the counter to have a cup of booze for herself.

The worker did not recognize her for it is his first time to see her. Not just her hair that makes her stand out but also the eye patch she is wearing to cover her left eye.

"One cup of booze," Lesley said with her monotonous voice and upon saying her order, she shifts her position and overlooked the entire tavern.

A lot of men are going about their business, others laugh so hard that it seems there is no longer tomorrow, others banged their tables as they watch two people wrestle with their arms.

With her booze served, Lesley grabbed it and took a small sip. The smell of the alcohol whiffed on her nostrils and it was an appeasing smell that it could help one to drift off to sleep. The mixed taste of fruit and alcohol satisfied her tongue, making her lick her lips in satisfaction.

A clink of gold coins caught her attention from the table surrounded by many. And as she watched, a chuckle escaped from her mouth upon seeing the grim expression of Granger as he stood up from his seat. A grim expression of defeat.

Lesley grabbed her cup and with the clicking sounds of the heels of her boots against the wooden floor, she struts her way on the table.

"Mind if I challenge the winner?" she asked with a smirk which made the men hold their belly as they laugh at her. But she did not give them much attention, she simply sat in front of a redhead, bearded man wearing a two-horned helmet.

"I must say you are honorable for defeating the Death Chanter," Lesley complimented as she puts her cup of booze beside her. "I challenge you and if I win, those gold coins would be mine."

"You are too naive to challenge me, young lady, but I do not judge so I accept your challenge. But in exchange, you must give me every gold coin you have," Franco responded, his hand brushing over his long beard.

The men got rowdy again, placing their bets on Franco and their laughter shot at Lesley. Granger knew that Lesley would not challenge anyone if she knows that she won't win.

So, in order to retrieve his hundred gold coins, he placed his bet on Lesley.

"I'll have your money after this fight," he smirked, only to be laughed at.

"You are going bankrupt this night, young lad," a man said as he pats him on the shoulders.

As Franco and Lesley held each other's hand, the spectators banged their tables and stomped their feet that created a heated tension.

At first, Franco got all excited as the fight goes with his favor and if he would just put more strength, he would bang Lesley's hand on the wooden table and it would be his second win.