Cupid With a Gun (Part 2)

One year later...

It had been a year since I consulted the Cupid and Esmeralda about my relationship with Gusion. I decided to visit the Cupid's place but on his door, there was this 'Close' sign.

I let out a heavy sigh. There was no choice but to return home, I guess. But while I was on my way, I saw Granger sitting on a tree branch. Maybe he was resting so I placed my rifle behind me and climbed on the same tree to at least have a talk with him.

He suddenly turned his back so I could not see what he was up to. Still, I climbed up until we were of the same level.

"Hey," I called him out, giving him a soft tap on the shoulder.

"Oh shit!" he yelped that he almost fell. But thanks to my reflexes, I managed to grab his waist with my right hand while my left was holding onto the tree branch. Good grief, I just saved the Cupid's life.

"Thank me," I stated with my head held high. But instead of gratitude, I received a glare and a painful flick on my forehead making me groan in pain.

"You almost killed me," he said with gritted teeth. That was the exact opposite of what I did. Does this guy's brain reversed or what? His eyes suddenly widened and shifted his gaze back to his right.

"Oh gods, this is bad," he mumbled so I peeked at the direction he was looking at. What exactly happened though?

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked.

But instead of an answer, another yelp escaped from my mouth when he pinched my ear.

"Because of you, I shot at the wrong person," he hissed, his hand still on my ear as if he wanted to rip it off.

"That hurts, you jerk!" I yelled, clawing at him but he just won't let go, "I just saved you from falling and you give me this? Insolence!"

He finally let go and I stared daggers at him when our gazes met. He may be the Cupid that every lovers was thankful for but it seemed that he, himself, was a heartless fool!

"Why are you blaming me when you shot the wrong person?! Am I the one who held your gun, huh? It is your fault for having much accuracy!"

I was a bit sure that he wanted to say something but he simply clicked his tongue and started to go back down. I followed suit, well, I had not been able to speak with him about Gusion so I'll follow him around.

As we made our way back to his place, he was walking ahead of me at a faster pace. What's his problem? He should at least listen to his clients and ask how his matchmaking worked in their relationship.

Reaching his place, he sat behind his desk which still looked the same even after a year. I sat across him and he gave me yet another glare. But who cares? I would not even die even if he glares at me all day.

"Aren't you gonna ask me how my relationship went?" I asked with expectant eyes. I had always wanted to talk about it but it was uncomfortable for me to speak with other people so Granger was the best choice to discuss it with.

"It ended bitterly period," he pointed out briefly. I crossed my arms and scoffed. Why was he being this unlikable?! He should just ask about the details!

But anyway, I had to be patient with him since he still agreed on my request last year. I grabbed my backpack and when I laid it on his table, Granger suddenly yelled 'no' with his hands forming an x.

With my eyebrows almost meeting at the center of my forehead, I asked, "Whatcha talking about, weirdo?"

He pointed at my backpack and replied, "I won't be accepting any request from you again. I do not care even if you are going to offer me diamonds."