7

The rest of the day was as peaceful as it can get.

I went over the day in my head and the information I found out about the school from Ms. Frost. I knew it was too good to be true. It was too much of a coincidence for all this mental health stuff to suddenly pop up.

Surprisingly a part of me isn't too upset, just cause teachers should get a heads up about the students they're dealing with, but that information is also super personal. Shouldn't the students be asked beforehand if they went their business out there? Shouldn't we be able to tell our teachers ourselves?

I didn't really sleep much again either. My body was restless. Ever since I started school my sleep schedule is going back to crap. My anxiety and paranoia episodes are becoming frequent too. I didn't think coming back to school would send me spiraling this fast.

I had reasons to be on high alert my junior year and my first attempt at senior year, but I'm not even fighting anymore. My mother has passed. I pulled myself out of a lot of things. Willow is no longer someone I have to worry about either.

I finally read over the syllabus for Ms. Frost's class. I learned that her first name is Athena.

Athena Frost. Such a beautiful name.

I signed the agreement just like she asked.

I met up with Tommy first thing after my chemistry class and apologized to him. He didn't care. He seemed to just be happy I was feeling better. I accompanied him to his locker just before our class together.

"Your hair being in a ponytail makes you strangely attractive. I hate it," He said while tossing books into his already messy locker.

I laughed, "Questioning your sexuality Gibson?"

"Sheesh, just a tad bit. Save some pussy for the rest of us, Joe."

"Please. I'm not getting any, I promise."

He made a disapproving noise, "I don't buy it. Girls like you. A lot of girls."

"I think I'm gonna stay away from liking anyone for a while," I responded.

"This place still has a Bull walking around huh?" I heard from behind me. "Thought they got rid of them."

Tommy slightly turned around, but I didn't.

It's way too early for this.

"Ares, the Bull," It continued. I clenched my fist and lowered my head down, hoping to hide my identity. "Don't they know it's dangerous having a ticking time bomb walk around?"

"Ares?" Tommy repeated under his breath. "What?"

"Should we hold up a red sheet? Think she'll snap and chase me around?"

"Hey, fuck off!" Tommy shouted. "Unless you want issues shit heads!"

I shook with anger. I could just turn and around and grab whoever it is by the neck. I could put fear into them and make it stop, but I can't do that anymore. I'm trying not to be that person.

Tommy bumped my arm, "Ignore it, Joe. None of these assholes here are worth it. They're all talk. Everyone's too scared to really put their money where their mouth is. You of all people know that."

He closed his locker and locked it. I looked around, trying to see who was around us. Trying to find out who was talking shit, but I know they're long gone. Whoever it was, knows. Every corner I turn someone knows. When am I going to get away from this shit?

I shook my head and exhaled a deep breath, "Let's just go."

"They called you Ares?" He asked. "Like the greek mythology God Ares?"