1996

adelaide ;

as i snuck out my window, i couldn't help but to giggle at the sight of his excited face. i nearly tripped over a rock, leaving me nearly breathless. he wrapped his arms around my face. he left kisses all over my face. my nose, my closed eyelids, my forehead. i laughed he lead me to his truck, where the radio was left on.

and the radio was still on when he parked at the end of the dead end road. i was so focused on him that i almost didn't even notice the lake that was in front of us.

i laid back into my seat, laughing at colbys childhood stories he was telling me.

the radio was still on when colby told me i was beautiful for the tenth time tonight. and when i turned to look at him, the music nearly completely faded out when we locked eyes. and it continued to play as he leaned in to kiss me.
my eyes fluttered close as i was too focused on the texture of colbys soft lips. our lips were synchronized as he deepened the kiss.

i ended up sharing colby seat with him, a leg on either side of his waist. the music was playing in the back. it was some old classic rock song that i swore i knew but was too focused on colby to figure it out.

his hands traced my sides, making my heart beat even faster. he made the move of slipping my his tongue in between my lips.

i happily sighed in content at the affectionate kiss we were sharing. his hand respectfully stayed on my sides, which i adored. it showed me that he actually cared for me and that he respected me.

his respectful nature made me smile, wanting even more attention from him. i removed my hands from his face, putting them on his own hands and moved them down to my backside. i could feel him tense slightly.

i placed one hand on hi jaw and the other on his shoulder, leaving his hands to explore on their own. he didn't move at first, emitting a long groan from his throat that was muffled by our lips. eventually i felt his hands move, his long fingers cupping my backside. excitement laced through my body.

i breathlessly pulled away, giving us both a chance to breath. the moment was short as he took it upon himself to reconnect our lips. his skillful tongue got to work but then he pulled away slightly, grabbing my lips in between his teeth and pulling gently. the least i could say about the gesture was that it was attractive.

we pulled away, breathless again. i stared into his bright blue eyes. i had established that they were blue before but i never realized how captivating they are. the more i looked at him, the more i realized that i couldn't find anything wrong with him.

colby stared at me in silence for a few moments. i wonder what he's thinking. did he notice the radio was on as we began to fall in love?

i leaned back, just an inch, still holding his jaw, before my back hit the horn. i jumped forward slightly in fright. i heard a breathless laugh come from his lips. i pouted in amusement at my lack of awareness.

my hand ran through colbys hair as he laid his head on my chest. he sighed softly as he wrapped his arms around me tighter. he would give me random kisses here and there but we mainly just sat, both of us thinking. possibly about the same thing but who really knows.

he eventually spoke up and we talked about our lives. i learned more about his mom... who had moved to california to try to make something out of her life. he seemed so sad to talk about it. i told him about my parents. i told him that my dad was a lawyer and my mom was a pediatrician but now they both travel to bring awareness to specific charities.

he told me about his rivalry with mathew mccanny. it all started when mathew keyed colbys truck when they were freshmen.

"damn it, you're cute." colby told me when i giggled at his terrible joke.

"very aware." i joked with a smile.

"baby?" colby hummed, rubbing my lower back.

"yeah?" i asked back quietly.

"when's your birth-"

a knock on the trucks window scares me, turning my head to see what's going on. colby does the same. it's the sheriff... and he looks angry and suspicious. probably wondering why colby and i were on private property and how colby had drove there since we only had our junior licenses.

-

nonna and colbys dad met us at the police station, both of our guardians wearing a very disapproving looks on their faces.

i tried to give nonna an innocent smile but she just frowned back.

"i think i have the perfect punishment for them." nonna told colbys dad.

and that brings us to today's main event. painting the barn. colby and i were put to work by nonna to paint the rest of the barn white. she had paid colby to start this project last summer but she eventually told him to stop due to bad weather. and so it wasn't ever finished.

my eyes remain solely on the task of painting, however colby had other plans. i felt his head dip in my shoulder while he wrapped his arms around my waist. he tried to remain innocent while doing so.

"i don't think that's a good idea, brock." i warned him.

"i know. but i haven't kissed you all day." he complained. "kiss?" he asked.

"fine." i turned towards him, letting him kiss me once. he then left several more pecks on my lips, making me laugh.

"you said a kiss." i laughed.

"hmm i never specified baby." he replied, kissing me yet again.

"nonna will be home soon... get to work." i joked.

this is the end of the little mini series '1996' :)