through the years.

june 1999;

"awh, colby look! isn't she so cute?" lesa asked him, looking down at the little baby who was just born hours before. adelaide rose.

2 year old colby just stared at the little girl, not realizing she would be his best friend in just a few years. with their moms being best friends, it was bound to happen.

july 2002;

"colby! i have juice box for you!" four year old adelaide told her best friend, colby.

"thanks, addi. do you want to play in the sand?" he asked her. she responded with a small nod and they walked to the sandbox in adelaides backyard.

after colbys long day in second grade and adelaide long day in preschool, the pair just wanted some time to play together.

december 2009;

"colby, lets go!" 10 year old adelaide encouraged her best friend to walk faster to the movie theater from the car.

the duo that was never seen apart had just made it to the movie theater. adelaide has begged colby to see the new movie, up, with her rather than see avatar.

colby gave in, having a soft spot for his best friend. they walked into the theater together, their moms following close behind.

it was rare that the group was ever seen apart. colby and adelaide has sleepovers every night... and they were neighbors.

may 2012;

"you two look so cute!" serena, adelaides mom, told them.

"we've been waiting for this day forever." lesa said with a huge smile.

"alright, alright, let's just go." adelaide laughed, grabbing colbys hand.

adelaide, who is now 13, and colby, who is now 15, are going to adelaides first school dance together.

colby is a freshman and adelaide in only in the 7th grade. colby didn't care one bit though. he was taking her to his freshman formal.

she was dressed in a red, satin floor length dress. she had on a pair of heels but colby still towered over her.

november 2013;

"colby! just break up with the bitch!" adelaide said to colby. colby had gotten his first real girlfriend over the previous summer... and her and adelaide were not the biggest fans of each other.

the girl, olivia, didn't like how close colby and adelaide were so she insisted that colby stopped talking to her. this clearly wasn't an option.

and adelaide didn't like olivia because she took up a lot of colbys time, and adelaide had a crush on colby... she wouldn't admit it though.

"i love her, though!" colby insisted.

"you're 16, you idiot." adelaide told him with a laugh.

"i can't break up with her. you don't get it." he insisted.

"so then you're just never going to talk to me because she told you not to?" she asked.

"adelaide, you're my best friend." he replied.

"sam doesn't like her either. just drop her." she insisted.

colby eventually listened, realizing he could not loose adelaide over another girl.

october 2014;

"i don't know how to say this adelaide... but i like you a lot." colby admitted. adelaide had come out of her room and onto her balcony, to be met with colby on his. where he decides to confess his ongoing feelings for the freshman girl.