chapter twelve

Me and Jasper held contact for a minute before I finally looked away and over at Harper who was currently snogging her girlfriend and it made me happy to see how content they were with each other, I looked around the table and everyone was engaged in a conversation and I just watched them as I took a sip off my water.

"you never answered my question from before" I felt someone whisper in my ear and it sent shivers to my core making me clench my thighs, I turned to come face to face with Xander.

"and what question would that be Xander?" I asked putting away my water and he smirked.

"your name, what does it mean?" he asked and tilted his head a bit an it reminds me of a lost puppy making me internally smile.

"well are we talking about my full name or just my last?" I said with a smirk and he raised an eye brow at me.

"well now I'm curious about your full name" he said while he turned his whole body in the chair to face me.

"Okay well my full name is Iris Penelope Bloodmoon" I stated proudly and he smiled

"your whole name is unusual, but beautiful" he said while a smile and I couldn't help the the blush that heated my cheeks.

"Okay well my first name has a meaning behind, I am named after a flower, it's said where I'm from that if you were to digest an Iris flower you would never grow old, you'd live forever" I said smiling at the memory of the countless times mom had told me about the story of my name.

"oh that's awesome, but Iris' are a common flower, you can find them anywhere, you would think that it'd be a little hard than that to be able to live forever" he laughed and I smirked

"but thing is you only become immortal if eating the doesn't kill you, the flower picks who lives forever, if the flower doesn't choose you it kills you" I said and his eyes widen and I giggled at his reaction.

"Damn that's violent" he laughed and I nodded my head with a shurg

"My middle name, Penelope has kind of a weird meaning because I'm sure your people think differently than mine, but if you've ever heard of Penelope, the wife of Odysseus, the name in Greek mythology shows strength, because of how she refused multiple suitors even when she still hadn't found her husband and it had been twenty years" I said and thought he was going to thing that I was weird and messed up.

"Oh that's really cool actually, but I can't believe some people think that stuffs real, no offense" he muttered and I didn't take it personally.

"like I had said, your people think different than mine" I smiled and he raised an eye brow

"and who are your people exactly?" he asked and my face paled a bit, I almost forgot these were humans, a table of hunters actually.

"um, I lived in a very enclosed gated community, everyone thought weirdly there" I laughed and he nodded in understanding.

"that's pretty good, now what about your last name?" he asked and smiled which I returned

"my last name Bloodmoon, and a Blood Moon, is when the moon is in a total eclipse it creates a beautiful red tint, hence my last name" I smiled and he smiled wide revealing his overly sharp canines.

"That's amazing, your name is absolutely beautiful Iris" he said and I had an obvious blush on my face and neck.

"thank you" I said meekly and he smirked.

"ya know there's going to be a party tonight, at my house me and Harp are throwing it" he said and I thought it over, should I go?

"and before you ask yourself if you should go, yes you should, everyone is going to be there, me, Harp, Soph, Chase, Jack, Quinn, and Trinity" he said and I finally gave in.

"Okay I'll go, but I won't have a ride, my dad has a meeting tonight so he'll be taking the jeep there" I said and he shrugged.

"I'll pick you up and drop you off" he said and my heart sped up

"you'd do that?" I asked hopefully

"yeah, the party starts at eight, so I'll pick you up at seven-thirty, sound good?" he asked and I nodded my head in response.

"great, give me your phone, I'll put my number in it and you can text me the address" he said and I handed him my phone letting him put his number in it.

"great so text me" he said just as lunch bell rang meaning we had to head to our third period class, he walked me me down the hall until we had to part ways, he smiled.

"see ya tonight Iris, he said as he walked in the other direction of where I was going.

---------------------------------------

I continued on with my school day which consisted of me going to math for third period, I had that class with Harper and Jasper, Jasper didn't try and talk to me which was good, and Harper didn't ask why we weren't talking which was even better.

I then had fourth period which was study hall and I have that with harper, Quinn, Trinity, and Sophia, so basically every girl in our group had this period with each other.

We spent that whole period playing UNO with the cards that Sophia had in her bag since none of had any type of work to work on, after that period I waited outside by the truck for Kris and Jasper to get outside.

Jasper walked out first while I was leaning against the car, shit I wish Kris came to the car first instead of this shit bag.

"so is he your mate?" Jasper asked as soon as he got close enough to say it without other people hearing it.

"what are you talking about?" I asked confused

"don't fuck with me Iris, the guy with the curly hair, the one you were with at lunch" he whisper yelled and my eyes widened in realization.

"oh, um yeah he is" I said while keeping my head up high

"what the fuck" he groaned out and punched the bullet proof window of the jeep right next to my head making me flinch.

"is everything okay Iris?" I looked around Jasper since he was standing in front of me, to see the gang all with concerned faces and some worried, it was Harper that spoke.

"yes we're fine" Jasper yelled out and I flinched slightly again.

"I wasn't asking you"Harper said to Jasper with venom lacing her voice.

"oh uh, yeah everything's fine, just waiting for my sister to come" I said and took one glance at Xander who looked pissed off, I looked over to see my sister walking out of the school building.

"speak of the devil, there she is, see ya guys" I said as I dipped from under Jaspers arm and went to go into the car where Jasper hopped in the back, I saw that Kris was walking slow so I rolled down my window.

"lets go barbie walk faster" I yelled out and everyone left in the parking lot looked at her making her blush and rushed to the car hopping in the passenger seat.

"god Iris, don't embarrass me" she hissed out.

"sorry girly, maybe if you got out here sooner I wouldn't have been as impatient" I said sarcastically and she huffed in response and rolled her eyes.

"Now, lets go home"

HEY GUYS I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A LITTLE SLOW, I PROMISE IT WILL MAKE SINCE HOW THE LITTLE THINGS MATTER, ANYWAYS GUYS HAVE A GOOD NIGHT/MORNING/WHATEVER IT IS BECAUSE I DON'T REALLY KNOW.

*not edited*