Chapter twenty

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, My sister found her mate, who happens to be my friend, who also happened to be dating my other friend, it was a lot to take in.

"he's your mate?" I asked more to myself and she nodded her head

"I can't believe Chase is your mate, how are we going to get him to fall for you?" I asked and her shoulders slumped almost as if she was just remembering her mate was a human and was dating someone else.

"how am I supposed to sit here and watch him be with, her" she said motioning to Quinn

"it will be hard trust me, me and Xander like each other and I still have to deal with Tiffany" I said and she nodded.

"yeah but Chase has been with Quinn for awhile now, how can I compete?" she said her voice breaking a little bit and I lift her chin.

"Kris you don't have to compete because you have already won, he is your mate, the one that the moon goddess has chosen for you, you are destined to be together" I said and she smiled a bit

"you're right, now let's go have some fun" she said leading me back to the rest of the group and Devon had joined them this time. 

I go and sit next to Xander and he puts his arm around my shoulders as I lean into him, Kris takes a seat next to me closer to where Chase is sat.

"Well well well, what do we have here?" asked Harper motioning to us and I blushed as Xander chuckled 

"we're talking? I guess" I said and Harper nodded her head with a smirk plastered on her face, it was just then that Tiffany decides to interrupt by joining the rest of us in her black skimpy swim suite, she looked beautiful although I hate to admit it, it made me feel self conscious, I didn't even want to take off my clothes anymore.

Her bathing suite left very little for the imagination and she. stands in the doorway staring daggers at me.

"I didn't know you were joining us this evening" she said with a smile plastered on her face, it was all so fake.

"yeah I guess I decided to make an appearance" I said just as sweetly and she laughed

"and who are these two?" she asked motioning to Kris and Kaylee.

"I'm Kris Iris' little sister, nice to meet you" Kris said answering for herself

"and I'm Kaylee, Kris' friend" Kaylee said and Tiffany nodded her head

"nice" she said before a thick uncomfortable silence fell over us.

"Xander, come put sun screen on my back please" she said playing with the bottle of sun screen in her hands

"nah, I think I'll stay here" he said making me feel almost victorious.

"ugh whatever, but let's go swim" she said rushing over and grabbing his hand and pulling him up and towards the pool.