Chapter 5

The last couple weeks have been interesting to say the least

The last couple weeks have been interesting to say the least. It's been three weeks since the incident, two since I met Charlie, and one since work has been getting hectic. I've been wanting to take Charlie out for the last two weeks, but I haven't had the opportunity. The best thing that has happened was that we've been talking everyday.

Today is my first day off in awhile. Today is all about Abby though. No distractions.

Abby is still sleeping when I wake up. She's been sleeping in my room since the incident and since I've been working a lot.

I kiss her cheek before I get out of bed. I go to the bathroom and get ready for the day. I also shave since Abby hates it when I try to grow out a beard.

I go downstairs and start to make her favorite breakfast, chocolate chip pancakes smothered in peanut butter. While I mix the batter I hear feet coming down the stairs.

"Daddy?" Abby softly calls out.

I wipe my hands on a towel before going to her. "I'm right here baby."

I pick her up and kiss her temple. Abby wraps her arms around my neck and lays her head on my shoulder.

"How did you sleep?" I ask as I take her back to the kitchen.

"I had a dream that Mommy came back." I freeze at her words.

Abby still remembers her mom. She's only 7, but she left when Abby was only 3.

It was hard telling Abby that her mother left. We both loved her. The pain Abby went through is nothing I would ever wish on anyone. Imagine having to tell your 3 year old that her mommy didn't love her or her daddy so she left.

I place Abby on the kitchen island. "Oh really?"

"Yeah. But when I saw her I cried and she never came back." I fight back a smile.

"That's interesting."

"Mhm. What are you making?"

"Your favorite pancakes." I smile down at her as she gasps.

"You're the best daddy in the world!" I didn't think I could love my daughter any more, but that statement proved me wrong.

----------------------------------------

Our morning was filled with laughter and a whole bunch of laying around. After breakfast we went back up to my room to watch a movie. Since it's Abby's day, she chose the movie. Of course she chose Lilo and Stitch.

Abby wanted to dress up and play with her makeup so we are doing that as Finding Nemo plays in the background.

"Daddy! You can't move while I do your eyeshadow!" Abby looks at me with a frown.

"I'm sorry princess but my crown is falling." I adjust the crown that was falling once again.

Abby sighs before putting her brush in some pastel blue eye color thing. "What am I going to do with you Daddy?"

I can't help but laugh.

Hi y'all! So my books are back up as you can tell. I heard from another writer that Wattpad is trying to solve this issue.

If you didn't know, a website was taking writer's books and posting it on their website. They did credit the original writer, but they posted it without permission. To a reader that may seem like it is ok, but it is not. Most books are copyrighted, so they technically broke the law. Plus, so much time and effort goes into writing. Like I said, Wattpad is trying to solve this issue so I decided that it was ok to post again.

I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I wanted everyone to see Hunter and Abby's bond. We all know that they are basically best friends, but I feel that in the last two chapters we forgot about Abby.

Anyways, thank you all for your love and support and I will see y'all in the next chapter!