Bonus Chapter: Father's Day

"Daddy! Wake up!" Abby shakes me awake

I slowly open my eyes and find my daughter's face close to mine. I smile and pull her in for a hug.

"Good morning baby girl, how did you sleep?"

"Good, but I want to give you your gift!"

"My gift?" I ask.

"Yes! It's Father's Day!" Abby squeals excitedly.

Shit. I forgot to get my dad something. I hope my presence will be enough.

Abby runs out of the room and comes back. She holds a perfectly wrapped gift in her hands.

I raise an eyebrow at her because there is no way my daughter knows how to wrap gifts. She tries to help me with Christmas gifts every year, but it always ends with the both of us frustrated.

"I had Uncle J help me with wrapping your gift." Abby smiles shyly.

"Thank you baby," I kiss her forehead.

Abby climbs into the bed and hands me the gift. I look at the wrapping paper and smile.

"I don't know if I want to open this gift. It's wrapped so beautifully," I joke.

"Daddy!" Abby giggles. "Just open it!"

"Ok, ok!" I smile at her and sit up.

I slowly tear away at the paper causing Abby to laugh and telling me to hurry. I listen to her and unwrap the gift.

I look at the picture in the frame. It's of Abby and me when she was just born. I don't have many pictures of us when she was a newborn, so this picture is one of my favorites.

The picture is me holding Abby, a huge smile on my face. I could see the dark circles under my eyes from the countless hours Abby's mom was in labor. I was there the whole time, not wanting to miss a second. The picture was when I was finally allowed to hold her.

I wipe away the tear that fell from my eye.

"I love it," I smile at Abby and pull her in for a hug and a kiss.

She giggles and gives me a hug. "Uncle J said that it was your favorite picture and I wanted you to have it forever."

"I'll have you for forever." I give her another kiss on her temple.

"Come on, I want to watch some movies." I tell her as she cuddles into my arms.

Halfway through Thor Ragnarok I get a text message.

Happy Father's Day 💖

It's from Charlie.

Thank you

Hey y'all! I wanted to write a cute little chapter for Hunter since it is Father's Day. I hope y'all are spending it with your favorite dads! There will be a chapter later this week, don't worry!

Please vote and comment!