Chapter 7

He sunk his canines into the side of my neck

He sunk his canines into the side of my neck. I moan at the sudden burst of emotion going through me. He marked me so our mate bond has strengthened.

He licks the mark before pulling away and looking me in the eye.

I sigh as I place the book on my coffee table. I've been reading this werewolf novel and I couldn't put it down. For one, the relationship the main characters have makes me envious. Second, I am obsessed with beautiful men. Last, the writing just takes me in the story.

I pick up my phone and smile that I saw a text from Hunter. Since our first date, I have been floating on cloud nine.

Would you like to come over for dinner tomorrow?

He wants me to go to his house for dinner?

Just us? I ask. I hope that my text to him doesn't offend him. His daughter is so cute and I would love to get to know her better.

No. Abby wanted to spend some time with you.

I smile. I'm glad that she wants to get to know me. I just hope that she doesn't resent me for trying to pursue whatever I have with her father.

Sure, sounds great!

----------------------------------------

It was time for me to get ready for this dinner date I have with Hunter and Abby. I mean, it's 12:00 and I don't have to be at his house until 6:30ish, but I want to take my time. Plus, time goes by so quick when you want the day to go by slow.

I run myself a bath and light some candles to help me destress. What do I have to stress about? His daughter is 7 so she's young enough to not have any bias about me. But I don't want to step over any boundaries with Hunter.

I sit in the tub for an hour running every possible situation through my head. The worst thing that can happen is that Abby doesn't like me so Hunter breaks off what we have and stops talking to me. The best thing that can happen is that Abby does like me and Hunter and I continue to explore our relationship.

After my bath and a quick rinse in the shower, I decide to start on my hair and makeup. I'm not one to do a full glam look, but I want to look put together.

I start with my makeup and fill in my brows real quick. I do a light brush of an orangey brown in my crease and do a brown eyeshadow liner. I do some mascara and conceal my under eyes and some spots that decided to act up. After I powder and do some bronzer, blush, and highlighter, I do a quick spray of setting spray. Deciding that I my makeup looked decent enough, I moved onto my hair.

My hair was naturally wavy so I decided to just leave it be and put some more defined waves before leaving it alone.

I go to my closet and find the outfit I had set out the night before. I put on the black tank top and ripped jeans. I grab my long grey cardigan and pull it on. I decide to wear some red heeled boots and look in the mirror in content. I typically wore heels because I'm so short.

I exit my closet and find my phone plugged in. I check the time and my eyes nearly bulge out of my head. It was already 5:38 and I needed to leave ten minutes ago. I grab my bag and keys and head out the door.

As I lock the door to my apartment and head to my car, I hope that tonight goes well.

Hey y'all! Again, I hope that y'all are being safe during these crazy times. It is currently 2 am when I am writing AND posting this chapter, so that's fun. I took a two hour nap at 10 so I'm gonna be up for another hour or so before I crash.

This is the outfit that I found and thought was cute:

I literally googled "casual date outfit" and fell in love

I literally googled "casual date outfit" and fell in love. If I'm being honest, the boots aren't my style, I would've made them black or white, but they're not too ugly.

Also, thank y'all so much for getting Sweet at #10 in baking! Currently (as of June 5th, 2020), Sweet is #10 in baking, #28 in cop, and #47 in baking! Also, thank y'all for 1.7k views! I love hitting these milestones and I am so sorry that I haven't talked about these things until today. I honestly forgot all about this stuff and was just writing for fun!

How do you think this date is going to go?

Do you think Abby will like Charlie?

Do you think Hunter will like how Abby and Charlie interact with each other?

Please vote and comment! Let me know what y'all are thinking!

Love y'all and please BE SAFE!