CH3

The only sound in the giant, cold, gray room was the click of the door shutting behind me and the tap of my shoes walking across the room and up the stairs. Hoping to get to my room before my father finds out I ditched my first photo shoot of the summer to hide at a coffee shop to wait for my red string. The experience was quite literally, magical. I didn’t want to reopen any old wounds with my father who’s string snapped 5 years ago when mom died.
    I had only a few more paces to my door when I heard my dad’s study creak open and him exit and head my way. I make a mad dash for my room and slip in. If I was fast enough, I could transform and run, my dad doesn't know my huge secret. I hear a sharp rap of knuckles against the wood of my door and watch as the handle turns slightly and the door cracks open. I’m too late.
    “Adrien?” He walks in, his body stiff, stiffer than usual, he knows and is mad.
    “Yes father?” I ask nervose.
    “Why did you leave your photo shoot? What was so important that you had to leave?”
    “Father, do you know what day it is?”
    “Yes, it is the 19th of June, I hardly can see how that’s relevant. What’s so special about today?” his words were like a stab to the heart. The tears I didn’t know I was holding back started pooling in my eyes.
    “Mom wouldn’t of forgotten!” I cry. I slap a hand over my mouth. My dad gave me a cold glare. I knew that that was an unnecessary emotional puncture. He calmly stormed over to me and leaned into my face, I was too paralysed with fear to move.
    “Tell me again, what’s so special about today?” he said watching my face. He straightened up and left the room, leaving his son broken, no, shattered, in the middle of the room.
    I was alone, I wanted to transform and cataclysm something, but I restrained myself. All I have is a red string to tell me that there's someone out there, that gives me hope. I wish to find them, but I don’t think my father would let me leave unless for business purposes. To my soul mate wherever you are, I hope you find me soon, and stay safe.
    I finished my few hours of moping, it was finally lunch time. Father should be really into his work now, nothing can get him out of his work once he’s sucked in. This is the perfect time to sneak out as Chat Noir. I found plagg who fell asleep in the trash can.
    “Plagg, claws out!” I call out the transformation word’s waking him up to be sucked into my ring. I opened my window and bound out into the wide horizon. I stopped at a random roof to rest. I take a good look at the red string tied to my pinky. My eyes followed the string to the sky, only a distance away, I saw a plane soaring overhead with my string attached.
I immediately ran after the plane, jumping from roof to roof and watching the plane land. I hide on the roof to not attract much attention. I wait a painstakingly long time as I watch people enter and exit the building. Finally, I see a girl exit with stunning blue hair, not like it was dyed, but natural.
My red string seemed to glow a little brighter connected to her. I watched as a girl with ombre red hair who I recognized as the head of my fanclub and who dedicated a blog to me, exited right after talking with my soulmate and holding hands with a tall boy with thick glasses and a red ball cap. I couldn’t make out what they were saying, but I so desperately wanted the girl to notice the string. I watched her pull out a small notebook with a few loose pages and show them to her friend.
I wanted to talk with her alone, if I drop down to confront her about the string right now, then I’d have to deal with the press finding out and bothering her all the time. I don’t want her to have to be stressed like that. The whole day I felt awful spying on her, I found out her name by eavesdropping on the conversation to rent an apartment. She got one on the first floor, a bad idea. I detransformed, I looked for her building, it was fairly nice, but I still want to keep her safe.
I walked up to the front desk, the person there had their nose betrayed into one of my fathers magazines, “Hi, I’m Marinette Dupain Cheng's soulmate, Adrien Agreste. I was hoping to move her flat from the first floor to the top floor? I’ll take care of the expenses.”
The front desk lady looked star struck “Um, of-of course! Yes! Give me a moment.” she fumbled around the desk. “Um, here's the paperwork.” she was blushing so hard that she resembled a tomato.
“Thank you,” I replied, accepting the papers and pen. “Also, if she asks, please don’t tell her, I want it to be a surprise.”
“But-”
“Please? For me? I’ll pay extra.”
“Yes, of course.”
I finish signing everything on the sheets given.
“Um, could you sign one more thing?” she asked, pushing the magazine over to me, avoiding eye contact.
I smile “Yes, I’d love to, who should I make it out to?”
“Molly” I signed my name and underneath I added ‘Stay Miraculous Molly’ which was the name of the line featured in this magazine.
“Thankyou!” she squealed.
“My pleasure!” I gave one last smile before walking out to find a good place to transform and head home until tonight when I planned to meet her. I can hardly wait!