CH5

I had my eyes closed tight, my body tensed, waiting for the impact that never came. I opened my eyes to see the boy in leather holding me tight with one hand while the other held steady to a silver baton, holding a paw print shaped button making us rise in the air back to my balcony. I had my arms wrapped tightly around his shoulders, I pressed my face into his suit, too scared to look down. My heart was still beating hard from the rush of adrenaline that came when I just nearly died, I hadn’t even called my parents that I made it here safely yet because I was so excited to see the city. I hold tighter trying to keep from crying. I really didn’t want to die before I met my soulmate.
I felt our feet land on the sturdy balcony floor he let go of me, as soon as I tried to stand on my own, I wobbled a bit before I collapsed back into his arms, I still had the panic wearing off and my legs felt like jelly. I was most likely making a huge fool of myself, but I almosted died so for a few moments I lost all ability to care.
“Should we go inside so you can sit?” I nodded not trusting my voice. The boy was kind enough to keep me steady as we made our way inside to the couch. We sat down and I finally got a good look at him. He was the famed hero of Paris, Chat Noir. What was he doing here?
“I’m sorry, I really didn’t mean to scare you.” he shifted his gaze to his feet looking ashamed. I felt my string warming up, which was weird, I didn’t know it did that. My eyes watch the string and see it leading to the boy next to me. My soulmate, is Chat Noir?!
I completely ignored what he said “You're my soulmate?!” I was in utter shock and disbelief.
“Yes, did you not notice the string?”
“Not until just now!” he let out a slight chuckle.
“May I take you around Paris now that you figured it out?” I smiled.
“That sounds nice.” I say as he wraps one arm around my waist “Hey! What are you doing?”
“I’m giving you the best view of the city of love!” I wrap my arms around his neck, making sure to not hold too tight, I didn’t want to choke him. He jumped off my balcony making me panic until he stopped the fall with the baton, we flew through the city.
By the time we made it to the Eiffel Tower, the sun had fully set and the lights made it look like the city was made out of stars. Chat set me on the top of the tower where we both sat watching the still busy streets of Paris. 
“Chat, may I ask you a question?” I ask after a comfortable moment of blissful silence.
“Sure.”
“What’s your name?” he freezes.
“I don’t like my name, it ties me to my father.” his face fell.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you.” I quickly apologised.
“No, it’s okay, you were just asking an honest question. I understand that it might be a bit hard to date because of it, but you'll be the first one to know. Sadly, either of my identities will force you to have to deal with the press, I’m very sorry about that.”
“Oh, don’t be sorry, I’m sure I can handle them. Besides, my best friend interns at one of the companies, I trust her. Her name’s Alya and is a huge fan of yours.”
“She’s the one who runs the Noir chat and that blog about me, right?”
“The one and only.” We sat in silence for a few minutes before Chat offered to take me back to my flat.
“I’ll see you again tomorrow, same time?” he asks, setting me down on the balcony.
“Yes, see you tomorrow!” I smiled and watched him disappear into the night before heading in to turn in for bed. I was beaming brighter than the sun as I fell asleep thinking of him.