CH10

The scent of omelets filled my nose, pleasantly waking me up. I followed the smell to the kitchen and saw Chat calmly dishing the breakfast onto plates. He catches sight of me.
“Morning!” He set a plate in front of me with coffee.
“You made this? This smells amazing!”
“Thank you, I’m sorry, I kind of fell asleep last night.” He said blushing.
“It’s okay, if you need, I think I have an extra toothbrush if you need.”
“Okay, let’s let these cool down a bit.” we walked into the bathroom and brushed our teeth together, I didn’t even realize this was the first time He stayed the night, or the first time brushing our teeth together. It just felt so natural.
Afterwards, we sat down to eat, it was still warm. It tasted like how mom made them. I had to hold back tears.
“Is there something wrong? Do they taste bad? This was my first try at them, I just watched videos.” Chat asked worried.
“No, they're perfect.” I smile.
“Hey Marinette? Could I ask you something?”
“Of course.”
“So, some reporters wanted an interview with you and me, you can decline if you want.”
“Do you want to do it Chat?”
“Pardon?”
“Are you comfortable with presenting me to the cameras as Chat? You do realize that then, if we ever got married, you'd have to reveal that you're Adrien so it doesn't seem that I’m not marrying my soulmate.” I watched him take it all in. “Whatever you choose works for me, you're going to be the one mostly affected by this. I’ll be here for you no matter what.” I place my hand on his and he rolls his wrist so he’s holding my hand.
“I love you, and I’d want to if you're okay with it. I think I’ll wait to reveal before we get married.” He kissed the back of my hand. We smiled and went back to our food.. He looked over to the clock. “We have 2 hours, we might want to start getting ready.” We finished our coffee and ran to help me choose an outfit.
“Hey Chat?”
“Mhm?”
“You still smell fairly of smoke from the fire last night, do you want to borrow my shower?”
“Oh, yeah, I forgot.” he nervously laughed.
“It’s okay, you can shower first, I’ll grab some towels.”
“Okay, I’ll be fast.” I ran to the towel cabinet and pulled out two white, fluffy towels.
I waited awhile until I heard the water turn off. I stuck my hand in through a crack in the door and passed him a towel to dry off. After a moment, I heard him transform and step out. I entered and set my towel and chosen dress on the sink counter.
I turned on the shower and was hit with cold water for a small second before it warmed up. I wash up and shave, I step out feeling refreshed and awake.
I dry off and slip into a black polka dotted red dress. I study myself in the mirror. I look like a ladybug. The dress had a sweetheart cut with long mesh sleeves. The dress went to my knees, it didn’t poof out, but it wasn’t a pencil skirt. It was nice and flowy when I walked.
I fixed my hair into a simple bun and stepped out to get my shoes. Chat looked at me in aw, I slid my feet into simple black heels and presented myself.
“Wow, you look like a princess, all you need now is a tiara.” I giggle a bit. Chat lifted me up, I wrapped my arms around him as he jumped out the window. He held my dress to me so I don’t have to worry about embarrassing myself.
We make it to the news building and are directed upstairs where we meet Nadia Chamack, the one who chased after Chat last night.
“Good morning you two, we have a while before we start rolling. If you want, their are some pastries on the table over there.”
“Thank you, but we’re good.” I reply.
“We have yet to meet dear, hi, I’m Nadia Chamack, you can just call me Nadia though.” she held out her hand and I accepted it
“Marinette.”
“A pleasure to meet you Marinette, we are so glad you choose to join us.”
“The pleasure’s all mine.” Chat gazed at me, a proud look resting on his face. Nadia guided us to the couch in the center of the studio and sat in the chair across from us.
“You're on in 3, 2, 1.” the cameraman counted down
“Don’t be bemused, it’s just the news. Hi, I’m Nadia Chamack here with Paris’s hero, Chat Noir and his soulmate Marinette.” the camera turned in our direction and then rotated to fit all of us. Nadia fired off question after question, me and Chat never dropping our smiles
“Okay, well it seems that's all the questions we have time for today, thank you again for joining us today.”
“Thank you for having us.” and then the feed was cut. We all stood and gave one last shake before exiting, right as we left, I saw Alya.
“Girl, what are you doing here? And with Chat Noir?” I was about to explain when realization dawned on her face. “Oh my goodness girl! You two are soulmates?! I should have known but I was too busy with my job to watch the live screen!”
“It’s okay Alya.”
“Why didn’t you tell me? I could have gotten my interview!”
“Well, I’m free right now.” Chat added. Alya’s face lit up.
“Really? You don't mind?”
“Nope.” Alya’s joy was doused a bit when her phone went off.
“Oh right, I forgot, I have a meeting I need to attend right now, another time?”
“Sure.” they exchanged numbers, Alya looked like she was on cloud 9.
“K, now I really need to go to my meeting, we should all have dinner at my place sometime!” she called running down the hall to make the meeting. We start walking to the lift.
“So, do you have class today?”
“Nope, not today. Do you have a photo shoot?”
“Nope, do you want to have a picnic on the top of the eiffel tower?”
“That sounds nice.” I said getting on my tippy toes to peck his cheek.
When we arrived at the first floor, we stepped out and walked home, ignoring the stares, we were in our own little world and it was perfect.